41. *Absolutely Whipped!*

Maya's P.O.V

I yawned as I pushed the comforter away from my body and stood up from the bed. I went inside the bathroom and after freshening up I walked out of the room since I got tired laying on bed.

It was around 8 pm which means soon dinner time would approach so I made my way directly towards the kitchen. Clanking of utensils and chopping of vegetables could be heard as I entered the kitchen.

"Mia cara how're you doing now?" Asked Gabrielle as she saw me coming.

"I'm fine now thanks to that tea." I said with a smile.

"What are you guys making for dinner?" I asked as I sat down on the barstool.

"Since Marcos & Marcelo are leaving tonight after dinner, so we thought to make their favourite dishes." As Martha said that I could sense the hint of sadness in her voice.

Before our conversation could go any further I heard voices coming from the living room so I left the ladies to cook in peace and went towards the living room.

As I neared the living room I heard Enzo & Liam talking with each other in a hushed tone. When I reached there I saw them going away from the living room and walking towards Massimo's office. They weren't alone alongwith them was some boy whom I couldn't see because of the distance. I shouldn't have gone after them since it could be something related their work. But I also wanted to know about what they were talking and hence my curiosity got the best out of me & I followed after them.

I started to walk discreetly since I wouldn't want to get caught by one of his men. Whenever any of his men looked at me I'd try to act normal. As I reached his office I saw that none of his men was outside so I carefully put my ear on the door and tried to overhear their conversation.

"Cosa ci fa lui qui?" I heard Massimo saying something in his sexy husky Italian voice. But I groaned inwardly because I didn't understand what he said!
(What is he doing here?)

"Vuole vivere qui." Came Enzo's voice.
(He wants to live here.)

"Che cosa?" The way Massimo said that it was as if he was surprised.
(What?)

There was silence for a minute before Massimo said, "Non puoi vivere qui ragazzo." His tone was final.
(You can't live here kid.)

"Per favore, fammi vivere qui, signore. Farò qualsiasi cosa! Per favore." This voice was different. I had never heard it before. It wasn't manly but boyish. I assumed it was the boy I had just a while ago saw with Enzo and Liam.
(Please let me live here, sir. I'll do anything! Please.)

Something else that was different about this voice was it sounded as if the person speaking was in pain and was asking for something and would do anything for it.

I heard Massimo sighing before saying, "Non è quello che pensi ragazzo. Non hai idea di cosa stai chiedendo!"
(It's not what you think kid. You've no idea what you're asking for!)

"What are you doing here?" I literally jumped as I heard one of Massimo's men saying. I stood straight as I looked at him. He gave me a skeptical look.

"I um I actually just wanted to talk to Massimo." I lied.

"Capo is busy right now. I'll inform him that you came by." He said and stood there.