Autumn Rain¹

Jeong Yunho

A twenty-four year old tall male was cleaning random tables on a rainy autumn afternoon. Minding his own business while humming a soft melody.

It was like any ordinary day, it had been raining alot this week but didn't seem to bother the male much.

The taller honestly loved the rain, especially the sound of it tapping on the windows of the coffee shop he works at.

It was a small but comfortable area. Many people coming in to eating breakfast, do work, or just be there in their free time.

Yunho absolutely loved working in this place, not only does he get payed and tipped well. He had also made alot of friends with the costumers who come in almost all the time.

Mostly random females who were trying to ask him out.

Yet the taller didn't really mind the attention he got from them. Let's just say he is used to being the heartthrob back then and probably up until now.

Yunho wasn't much interested in dating in anyone at the moment. He was rather busy minding his own business and living his simple life without seeing anyone right now.

Working restless for his little brother and himself. The male promised his younger sibling to take him to his favorite place for Christmas, which was Disneyland.

As a selfess and loving brother like he is. He always works extra hard to fulfill his sibling's wish.

His younger brother hasn't been asking much from Yunho and this was what the least Yunho could do.

Yes they're living a happy and peaceful life but Yunho wanted his brother to have nice things that he didn't had when growing up.

He wanted the younger to live his life to the fullest as long as he's still a child. Growing up for the older wasn't as easy and there was no way his younger brother would go through the same situation as him.

As Yunho was cleaning a small table near the window, he was greeted by an unfamiliar deep voice of a male.

"Is this table available?" the person asks, his voice was deep yet so soft. Yunho picked up the damp towel he was using to clean the table and turned to face the new costumer infront of him.

His eyes meeting the stranger's soft but siren-like-eyes. A male almost the same height as him with light brown hair.

"No, please have a seat." Yunho smiled, greeting the person as he gestured him to sit down.

The stranger giving him a small smile in return as he nodded his head softly. Comfortably taking a seat.

Yunho's eyes noticed his hair and clothes were slightly drenched and having a high chance that the rain from outside caused it.

He was wearing a simple but expensive looking suit which made Yunho slightly worried, thinking the rain had ruined this person's clothes.

"Oh my- would you like a towel? You seem wet from the rain." Yunho worriedly shifted away a little trying to find a clean dry towel.

The stranger stopped him, saying, "No its fine, I appreciate your concern though." he softly replied.

Smiling at Yunho once again, his eyes forming into small cresent which the tall male found extremely adorable.

"Ofcourse, feel free to call me if you need anything." Yunho mirrored the handsome male's smile before walking away to give the person his privacy.

The taller male's feet brought him back to the counter, entering through the left side. Placing down all of his cleaning tools on the kitchen table as we walked to the sink to wash his hands.

Humming the same soft melody while rubbing his hands thoroughly. His mind playing small scenarios at what he could do after picking up his brother from school since his shift will end in fifteen minutes.

He was thinking of picking up some groceries on their way home once he picks him up. The fridge was practically empty at the moment and he had just got his paycheck yesterday.

So stopping by the grocery wasn't that bad of an idea. While the male was washing off the soap from his huge palms, one of his co-workers came rushing in.

"Yunho Yunho Yunho!!" the male turned around to see his best friend with brown hair come running in.

"What's up with you Wooyoung." Yunho questioned him and chuckles to himself. Finding a clean towel to pat his hands dry.

Wooyoung standing beside the tall male, a light red tint visible on his cheeks. Making the older raise his eyebrows in suspiciousness.

His friend wasn't the type of person to get flustered without anyone flirting with him, "Why are you blushing?" Yunho pointed out, hanging up the small towel he used.

Yunho's eyes travelled from the other's face down to his clothes. Frowning for a second, wondering why his friend wasn't in his working clothes and was slightly drenched.

"Listen, I just got here and luckily Mr. Shin didn't see me. And there's this costumer at table 3, could you bring him his order while I change?"

Wooyoung remarked, the air leaving his lungs as he says so. "Is that why you're blushing? Is the costumer is attractive that they made you shy?"

"No you dumbtruck, I was running all the way and I didn't bring an umbrella." with that the shorter made his way to the bathroom to change into his working clothes.

Yunho just chuckled to himself at his friend's strange actions. Actions that he does whenever he's flustered.

"Could've just said so." he smiles to himself before walking out the kitchen to serve Wooyoung's table.

page 1