Core Memory¹⁵

Jeong Yunho

"Across the country?" Yunho repeated.

Mingi sat behind his desk, focused on his computer while Yunho stands infront of him with an unsure expression. "Do I really have to be there?"

"Yunho you have to come with me, every secretary does. Whether you like it or not, its mandatory." he takes off his glasses and stands up from his expensive black chair and walks towards Yunho to take his hands in his gently.

"Mingi, I don't think I can.." Yunho says in a small voice.

"Why not?"

"I've never been across the country and I can't just leave for three days like that-"

"I will be with you." Mingi assures him, "Look at this way, the business meeting will only be for a day. We can spend the last two days spending some time there, you know start having some alone time. Away from work, just the two of us. It would be a great start to make things work out again in our relationship." he explains patiently.

"I know, but I don't think I can leave Gunho for three days alone in our apartment." Yunho reasoned.

"He could stay at our.. No." Mingi cut himself off when he realized what could possibly happen if the younger one stayed at their mansion for three days.

"And having to hear your parents argue 24/7? Yeah I guess not." Yunho scoffs.

Mingi hummed in agreement, "There's one place though." he takes his phone out with his free hand while the other was still stroking Yunho's hand softly. He tapped on Minji's number and started face timing her.

Suddenly, Yunho's phone rung in his pocket. He sees Gunho face timing him so he immediately answers. Minji seemed to answer aswell.

"Hello? Where are you?" Gunho and Mingi said at the same time.

Yunho looks at Mingi's phone to see Gunho and Minji in the frame and the same showed on his phone. Minji noticed and hung up on her brother, "What a brat." Mingi says only for Minji to hear it and fire back.

"I hope you mean yourself." he hears her say right after.

Mingi takes Yunho's phone and brings it up to his face, "I swear to god if I have my hands on you, you little-"

Yunho snatches his phone back, "Leave the bickering." he glares at Mingi.

"Why are you guys together?" Gunho asks, realizing they were in the same room and Yunho hasn't told him a word that Mingi was his boss and that he was working at his company. Gunho had a different company in mind.

"I work here." Yunho replies, scratching his nape.

"You work there? So Mingis your boss?" Minji adds.

"Mingi is your boss?" now he was confused, "Why am I only finding this out?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to-"

"You know what, it doesn't matter. Atleast you guys are together." Minji cuts him off.

Yunho turns to look at Mingi, mouthing a "did you tell them?" off screen. The other shook his head violently in response. He almost burst out in laughter because of his reaction.

"I mean atlesst you guys are together in one place." she adds and Yunho's tensed body began to relax.

"So, why did you call?"

"Oh, uhm there's this.. where do I start-" Gunho slowly says and Minji wasn't having it, she takes the phone from Gunho and says.

"There's this fieldtrip happening on friday, he's asking if he could come and I was just about to ask Mingi the same."

"A fieldtrip?" Yunho repeated.

"On friday?" Mingi tried to hide his excitement.

"Yes, we'll be back by sunday evening they said."

"Where will you guys go to? And why is it three days?" Mingi asks, squeezing himself in the frame.

"Somewhere across the country," Gunho replies, his eyes the only one being seen on the other screen.

The couple looked at each other, Yunho was still unsure. He was going away for the exact same duration of time but Gunho also leaving the country still didn't convince him much.

"So what do you say? Can I go?" Gunho asks, hope in his voice. Minji crossing her fingers behind the screen.

"He can and will go on this fieldtrip." Mingi says.

"Mingi!" Yunho looks at him.

"Come on, let them have fun while they're still in High School. We'll be away for a business meeting too." Mingi explains, taking Yunho's phone.

"You guys have a business meeting?"

"Yeah, also across the country. So you kids just enjoy the trip, I'll sponsor Gunho for this."

"Mingi, this is just-"

"Come on Yunho, let them explore, enjoy their last few years in 11th grade." he puts a hand on his back, calming him down.

Yunho sighs in defeat,

"Fine, you can go.."

page 42