Core Memory¹¹

Jeong Yunho

After a few more hours, the event came to an end and Mingi drove them back home. Because he insisted on driving only because he wanted to start a conversation with the brothers before they arrived there. Ofcourse Mingi didn't let Yunho drive in their own car.

"I had so much fun tonight." Mingi striked up a small chat before they enter the apartment building.

Yunho smiles, "Me too."

Minji and Gunho were in their own worlds. She was walking him inside the building so Mingi and Yunho were forced to talk.

They stopped right infront of the main glass door of the building, the older turns to look at Mingi. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

The younger flashes a bright smile, "Ofcourse- oh and before I forget. I have a small surprise for you." he pulls out a large wrapped gift from his back which Yunho didn't even realize he was carrying with him the whole time.

Yunho's expression dropped. He had no idea what could be inside of it but it makes his stomach turn in a guilty way. They just got back together and he was already spoiling him with so many gifts and yet he managed to not get him anything.

"Mingi I can't accept-"

"Ofcourse you can." he softly takes his hand, making Yunho hold the gift. It felt heavy in his palms which makes him feel bad even more.

"Mingi.." he says with an unsure tone, ofcourse he isn't used to Mingi spoiling him especially back in High School. "I-"

"-Nothing. You will accept this." Mingi says with an assuring smile.

After a while of convincing and couraging words, Yunho finally accepts it. But deep inside he still feels like he doesn't deserve this kind of gift, whatever it was. The fact that it was large and felt heavy was not making it better.

"Open it once you're inside." Mingi adds, dropping a soft chaste kiss on the corner of Yunho's lips. "It will be a great help for you. You also deserve it." he smiles widely.

Yunho could never get used to this. The way he blushes hard, heart rate picking up and standing frozen in his spot. Mingi had once again successfully made him flustered.

"You're such a flirrt." he smacked the younger's arm lightly with a shy smile which he was trying to hide but miserably failed.

"Good night, love."

Yunho was hiding the stupidest smile on his face as he takes the elevator by himself since Gunho said he would be going to rest early and it was still a school night. He had way too much fun at the amusement park he also needed to just lay down.

The spare key to their apartment had Yunho so the younger could enter without waiting for him. Both of his hands felt heavy from carrying what they had won in the games, the claw machine and Mingi's recent gift.

After he steps foot inside, the door from their bedroom was slightly creeked open. The taller takes off his shoes and walks to change his clothes.

Gunho didn't even bother to take off his outside clothes when he sees him fast asleep, snoring quietly with his phone locked in his hands.

He must have enjoyed himself. Yunho smiles and changes into his sleeping clothes after taking a half bath.

He ends up sitting in the living room's small sofa, Mingi's gift still wrapped up prettily on his lap. To be honest, he couldn't bring himself to open it.

A soft sigh escapes his lips. As much as he didn't want to accept it, Mingi really wanted him to have this.

As he said to himself earlier, he could never get used to Mingi spoiling him. He would receive all these nice and expensive things from him and can't even accept it without the other forcing him. While Mingi would die of happiness when Yunho gives him even the smallest gifts.

When his hands finally found the motivation to move, he unwraps the gift. Heart sinking to his stomach when he sees the packaging.

"A laptop?"

~~~~~

The Next Day

Yunho couldn't sleep properly that night. Not because he was smiling himself to sleep(he was) but because Mingi had gifted him a very expensive laptop just when they got back together.

When he dropped off Gunho at school, he secretly took the gadget with him. Still untouched in its packeging as it was sitting at the back seat, covered by his bag.

Once he arrived, he stormed inside the building and didn't even bother to sign his attendance. The elevator not coming on time had him more anxious than he already was.

When it finally came down to his floor, he wasted no time sprinting inside and exiting faster just to not knock on Mingi's office door. Letting himself in without permission.

Mingi jumped in his seat and stopped typing on his phone which almost got thrown in the air out of surprise, "God Yunho-"

He cut him off guard by slamming the door shut. Large foot steps as he placed the package on his desk. A confused look plastered on Mingi's face, he didn't seem to understand why the other was giving him a stern look.

"Mingi did you seriously spend over a hundred just to get me a laptop?" Yunho asks, completely out of breath.

"Yeah, like I said. It would help you, especially with work now that you can take it home and arrange the meeting-"

"Do you realize what you're doing?" the older asks in disbelief.

Mingi raised a brow, completely clueless. "Spoiling you?"

Yunho sighs in defeat, the other was too oblivious to realize he was spending so much on him. He was the one who transferred a million to his account which didn't seem like a big deal to him.

It made Yunho's heart flutter for some stupid reason.

Mingi just smiles, he takes the package and unboxes it himself.

"Since you're here, we could set up the new laptop and I can teach you how to arrange the meeting."

page 38