Core Memory²

Song Mingi

Mingi found himself going through his computer and documents at the same time, monitoring each paragraphs to double check if he signed everything. Seonghwa sitting on the red sofa, typing on his laptop while writing some important papers for Mingi.

"God its almost lunch time and I can't find my other files anywhere." Mingi let out a frustrated sigh, standing up to check his folders and binders which were sitting on the dusty shelf.

"You could really use some time away from work." Seonghwa chuckles to himself.

"It hasn't even been a month since I became the CEO here." he groans.

Typing the final sentence of Seonghwa's letter, he presses the save button leaving it in his drafts before shutting down his laptop. "So there's this amusement nearby, my fiancé owns it along with his brother and tomorrow is its fifth opening anniversary. We'll be there and if you want you could bring some company."

Seonghwa wiggles his brows at Mingi as he stands up. The other looked at him completely puzzled, "You're engaged?"

"Doesn't look like it?"

The taller shook his head repeatedly, "No ofcourse not. I actually thought you were single- don't get the wrong idea but-"

"Its alright, don't be so pressed." he assured the younger. Grabbing his laptop as he carried it under his arm, "Ask Yunho to accompany you tomorrow, say that its a date. It would be nice to finally introduce you both to my fiancé."

Mingi was caught off guard, "A date?"

"Isn't that what amusement parks are for? For a date?" Seonghwa teased with a small grin. "And don't act like he isn't the person you always open up to me about. That love life of yours is really something, I'm telling you that."

"Is it that obvious?"

"With that portrait of him in your drawer, yes very much."

The taller grew flustered, "Stop running through my things."

Seonghwa chuckles as he walks to the door when Mingi stops him with a question, "Can I bring anyone else? I mean another couple."

"I mean why not?"

Mingi nods and Seonghwa opens the door to leave when another person on the other side was just about to knock. "Hey Yunho."

Yunho smiles at Seonghwa and greets him back with a small, "Hi."

Mingi catches Seonghwa looking back at him with the same annoying grin. He gets the hint and shooes him out with a hand gesture.

The younger's attention getting caught at the papers the older was holding in his large palms as Seonghwa left.

What he didn't know was that Yunho came in an hour ago while Mingi was roaming the building to take half of Mingi's works, finishing it for him.

Those were Mingi's missing paperworks, "Why do you have my works?"

He watched as Yunho closed the door with his feet, a confused look on his face as he approached his table. Placing all of the signed papers on his desk. "Didn't you ask me to do them for you?"

"No? I didn't even call you in."

Yunho's lips pressed to a thin line. "I thought you did, Matt said-" he bit his tongue at the realization.

How oblivious of him.

Matt made him sign all of Mingi's paperworks which were thick as a brick only to find out that Mingi didn't give him anything to finish or work on.

Yunho swore he was more evil than the devil himself.

Watching as Mingi pinched his nosebridge in anger, "That bastard can't even- God.." he almost curses.

What was Mingi supposed to do now? Now that all of his works were finished by Yunho who didn't even have the slightest clue that he was tricked. All of his works for today and tomorrow were finished.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize how oblivious of a move that was from me." Yunho blamed himself, "I actually forgot what trouble that guy causes."

"Its alright, don't blame yourself. You didn't know that." He decides to take the stack of finished paperworks before hiding them at the back of the shelf, "I'm impressed at how fast you managed to get those done. I barely can read one paragraph without feeling drowsy."

Yunho chuckles lightly, "It wasn't that difficult."

Mingi sighs, "What should I do with that bastard.. Should I fire him or something?" he asks himself.

"As much as he is a trouble maker, Matt is still one of the best employees here."

"You're right, he is quite a good use but his attitude needs to be worked on if he wants to stay longer." Mingi ruffled his hair.

Thinking about what was happening at the moment, this might just be the longest conversation Mingi had with Yunho after years.

And he was no longer crying himself to sleep every night. Everything felt so much better.

"Do you want to grab some coffee and pastries with me as an apology for Matt's shit of a plan?"

page 29