Autumn Rain¹²

Song Minji

"What?!" Gunho says completely speechless on the other line, "How am I supposed to tell Yunho that?!"

"I know. I'm sorry I messed up. I swear I panicked."

Minji stood in a random corner near a suit shop where Mingi and their Father were looking for new clothes to wear for the event.

Their Mother at the second floor of the mall, buying god knows what.

"No please don't blame yourself, I just don't know if Yunho would actually go with me. He would say that I'm going to meet my girlfriend's parents, not his."

"You do realize that this could be the beginning of them being close again. The more they're together the faster they get used to each other."

Gunho sighs, "I know.. I'll try to talk to him about this."

"Thank you." Minji says in relief.

Just then, Mingi and their Father happened to exit the store at the exact moment. "I'll text you back later."

"Yeah sure, have fun."

"Not so sure about that." Minji snorted.

"Be safe then."

A smile appearing on her lips before ending the call. "That was quick."

"Took almost an hour." Mingi whined, tiredly carrying the shopping bags with him.

Minji looking back at her screen, seeing that her call with Gunho lasted 35 minutes. "That felt too short.." she mumbles.

Their Father cleared his throat, "Do you guys need anything else?" the siblings telling him that they didn't need anything.

Walking around the mall for two hours was exhausting for them, especially Minji. Although she loved shopping, she could never bare having to stand for more than two hours on her feet.

Along with noisy people and children crying around her was clearly getting on her nerves. Which she always ends up playing some music to distract herself.

Crowds aren't just for her.

Mingi came to tap her shoulder, "Aren't you going to choose your clothes for next week?"

Minji lowered the music's volume, "As if Mom's gonna let me attend a boring event."

"Its not boring, its important."

"Yeah as if." she muttered.

Minji secretly rolling her eyes at her Mother causing Mingi to smile at himself. "I'll go shopping a few days before."

"Alright, lets get going."

~~~~~

Jeong Yunho

The next week hasn't been going well for Yunho. His manager did end up lowering his paycheck.

Sitting alone at the table on a Saturday night, bills scattered all over the kitchen table. His hands tugging on his own hair all while trying not to bawl his eyes.

His eyes never leaving that one bill paper which has Past Due Date written on it. Everything at this point was past due.

Yunho doesn't understand how his once stable full time job is not helping him cover his bills all of a sudden.

How was he supposed to find another job when he's already a week late on paying everything?

He counted the money again. Only $5,000. How is this helpful?

As much as he tried to not cry his eyes out he unfortunately felt a warm liquid streaming down his face to the papers on the table.

How did this all happen?

Gunho was inside the only room in this apartment. Probably fast asleep since it was almost 11 and Yunho still has no plan on getting sleep when this is what he's dealing with.

Ofcourse he couldn't afford a nice two bedroom apartment for him and Gunho. Everything was so expensive nowadays.

But he can't give up now. Not when his brother is turning 17 in december and him celebrating another lonely birthday.

Yunho needed to calm down.

And thats what he did. He wiped his tears away using the back of his palm and clean up all the paper bills and placing back the money inside the glass jar.

He took a trip to bathroom to calm himself down with a nice warm shower and crying to himself throughout it.

After that, he brushed his teeth and changed into his sleeping clothes. Rolled out his sleeping bag beside the small bed Gunho sleeps in.

He covered his body with the fluffy blanket, crying himself to sleep for the last time today.

Song Mingi

Next week's event came faster than Mingi thought it would. He was now standing in the crowded room, tables and rich families everywhere.

Minji standing beside him, scrolling down her phone. Not even caring about the event or the people around her.

"I would like to thank everyone for attending our important event." Their Father spoke through the microphone, earning everyone's attention.

Mingi pulled out his phone. Thinking their parents were just lying about the event that was supposed to be Mingis so he could attend it.

The siblings never attend any one their parents boring events.

His fingertips opened his contacts, tapping on Yunho's number.

He wanted to call him for some reason. He just had this feeling in his stomach that something was up.

Hey, I know its weird of me to text you but I just wanted to know how you're doing..

He added a small smile emoji at the end so it doesn't sound as creepy as Mingi thought it would be.

"Please let us welcome the new owner of S.M Company." His Father stated, everyone growing more and more interested and curious.

"My son, Song Mingi."

page 12