Core Memory⁸

Choi Jongho

It had been half an hour since he was walking by himself around the amusement park. Everywhere he goes he sees some good games to play but also some couples to be jealous of.

The taller envied everyone who was dating someone. Starting from his early teenage years, he actually never found someone to call his "teenage love". Jongho never got to experience that.

Even after college, everyone rejected him for some reason that he couldn't understand why everyone around him was inlove and he was on his own.

Now, he just wonders if he decides to just give up on love and learn how to be with himself.

"Its 10 coins for 10 shots." the owner of the Balloon Darts says, leaning his face to Jongho as he says.

"Take it as two rounds." Jongho pulls out 20 coins and hands it to the male owner. He gives him the darts and Jongho managed to effortlessly pop every single balloon at once.

The other gave him an impressed look, "Choose your prize."

Jongho stared at the selection, an eye brow raised at one item. "You guys have cowboy hats?"

"Yeah." he says plainly.

"I'll take it."

Jongho decides to walk more further, proudly wearing the cowboy hat he had won from one of the previous games. He had bought some pastries at one of the stalls although the sugar was torturing his throat due to the sweetness. This is why he never actually liked sweets.

His eyes caught one tall male standing by the Basketball game. Watching as the person sit down at the chair with his chin resting his palms after he just shooted and the screen saying that he had failed.

Amused by it, he decides to approach him. "Can't win?" he asks, don't even bother asking where he got his confidence from.

The male was startled by the voice as he turned to look at Jongho. By that, Jongho almost forgot who he was. This person had beautiful siren shaped eyes with the biggest boba orbs, tall nose and a full bottom lip which had a perfect chick peak for the upper lip. He was broad, has black hair, sharp jawline and eyebrows.

Jongho he was straight but this male was making him think otherwise.

He almost forgot that he was talking to the male when he sees him shake his head, "No, I've been trying for the past ten minutes now." he says in an upset voice.

"I'll help you with that." Jongho pulled out some money and put it in the machine. It took a few moments before it started and Jongho was already holding a basketball in his hands. "Is there any specific prize you want?"

"Yes, I wanted to win the penguin plushie." the male replied, still sitting in his seat as he watched the game start and Jongho started going for the hoops.

As more seconds passed, he had his mouth agape at how good this person played basketball. The stranger found him hot for that.

Jongho was muscular, tall, had an innocent face and those large tapioca eyes, a cute little nose and that one mole on his neck that he found weirdly attractive.

The male had to shake his head when he realized that the stranger won the game. His eyes lit up with excitement as the machinr gave them a piece of paper so they could exchange it with the prize.

"Come, let's get you your prize." Jongho ripped off the paper from the machine and gave it to the person.

Jongho watched him stare at the piece of paper he gave him. Hiding his obvious excitement and smile.

They both walked to the counter where they traded the paper for the penguin plushie he was talking about and he couldn't stop saying "Thank you" to Jongho as they walked further from the counter.

"Thank you so much for helping me win this plushie, sir-"

"Call me Jongho." he smiles warmly.

He smiled back, "Thank you Jongho."

Jongho shyly nodded, satisfied with himself that he managed to cheer someone up. "Are you with someone here?"

The other immediately shook his head, "No I came alone."

"So you must be a family member of one of the owners. I heard they only let family or friends in."

"I am cousins with the male owner, his name is Hongjoong. I don't know if you know him though." he replies.

Jongho awkwardly nodded, why is he always so awkward when talking to new people?

"Is it alright if we could hang out for the rest of the night? I mean I also came alone and I find you kind of interesting so I was wondering if we could roam the place together and play some games? I'm sorry if it sounds all weird and creepy but I just-"

"Are you kidding? I would love to hang out with you! Lucky for you because I feel the same about you."

A big smile crept on Jongho's lips, "Really?"

"Yeah really! By the way, can I treat you some hotdogs as a thank you?" he suggests, already pulling out his wallet. The hotdog stand wasn't even far from where they are.

"Oh you shouldn't have to-"

"Come on, just so I can repay you back." the other grabbed Jongho's arm and started pulling him to the food stalls.

Maybe he was going to find his true love here.

"I didn't catch your name, by the way."

"I'm Yeosang!"

Or did he already?

page 35