Mutual Regrets¹

Jeong Yunho

"Are you not telling me something?" his older brother asks him once again, they were still at the store with Tina and her Mother.

Yunho refused to leave without a proper explanation of what was happening because he was sure that the younger hasn't told him a thing about Tina nor about the misunderstanding Minji and him had becuase of her.

"I didn't even knew I had a cousin which explains why I don't recognize you- even you mentioned that you recently found out that we were cousins. So wouldn't that mean that you also didn't know? Are you making these up now? Trying to cover up the mistake you made because you had a crush on me and wanted to tear me and Minji apart? Is that the reason why you're all over me? You're so.." Gunho had to press his lips together in frustration, rambling all of the dots he managed to connect.

The change in expression on Tina's face says enough.

He was right.

"I didn't mean to-"

"I don't care. Are you happy now that Minji doesn't talk to me? She wants nothing to do with me now, she refuses to let me explain anything because of you. I hope you're satisfied with yourself because isn't this what you just wanted?"

Yunho placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down. "Gunho stop shouting."

He went quiet for a few seconds. His hands balling to a fist and tears brimming in his eyes because of anger and so much frsutration Tina has put him through.

"No ofcourse not. I made a big mistake and-"

"And what? You want to fix it? How? Apologizing? Do you really think a small sorry can save our relationship?" Gunho scoffs, "I would love to see you try. You can start by approaching Minji, beg for forgiveness and if you're lucky enough she would forgive you- but trust me, I don't think she would even let you approach her."

"Alright thats enough young man-" aunt Ming steps in for her precious daughter who was at the verge of breaking down, looking more hurt than Gunho was suppossed to.

"You stay out of this." Yunho warns her, "This a conversation only they should have, we adults have no reason to be involved."

"And I have no intention of continuing this conversation." Gunho starts to walk away, wiping the tears off his face.

Yunho pulls out his phone, searching for a specific number to call "I'll call Mingi, you guys need to talk this out before it turns out for the worse."

Song Mingi

Mingi went straight away to Minji's room after receiving an urgent call from Yunho saying he would come over with Gunho. His parents were away like always, leaving the house to the siblings again while the maids were on vacation so the whole place was dead quiet.

Without even knocking, he sees her laying on her bed. Her back facing Mingi. Not even bothering to see who just entered since she knew it could only be Mingi.

"Are you alright?" he sat at the edge of the bed, trying to take a quick glance of her face.

She sniffled, "Does it look like I'm okay?"

"Minji please be serious this time, I'm worried about you." he gently taps her leg.

Minji sat up, looking at Mingi with her red glossy eyes. "You found out, haven't you?"

"About you and Gunho?"

"He told you?"

He scooted closer, wiping the tears off her face with his hands. "Yunho did, but only about what the girl did."