Core Memory⁹

Jeong Yunho

"I want to try this one!" Mingi excitedly pointed at a target shooting game. Yunho who was eating curry wurst turned to look where he was pointing.

"But that's the hardest game here." Yunho says.

"So what? It doesn't hurt trying, right?" the younger takes his wrist, dragging him to the stall.

A few people were also playing, mostly teenagers and some couples who were mostly failing miserably because it was rigged and known to be the hardest game to win.

Yunho and Mingi had been roaming every corner of the amusement park. Every ride, every game and food were amazing and fun to try. And ofcourse they had to save the ferris wheel for last.

"Which one do you want?" Mingi asks, pulling out his wallet as he lets Yunho choose from the selections.

"You haven't even won yet and you're already asking me. Are you sure you're even going to win?" he smiles in amusement at Mingi's confidence.

"Its 25 coins to play." the worker says, rolling his eyes at the younger's ego.

Mingi gives him the money and he was given a loaded toy gun, "Did you choose yet?"

Yunho looked for the plushies, something that will catch his eyes- and oh he found it. "I want the giraffe plushie." he replies with a small smile.

Mingi nods, standing in the middle after some people who finished playing moved away. He started to shoot the targets, hitting each one every single time with ease you'd think he's experienced with a gun.

Yunho's mouth slightly hang in surprise. There was no way Mingi was winning in this game when he can barely beat him in angry birds back in High School.

A group of teen girls suddenly started fuzzing about how attractive and tall Mingi looked, one of them even had the nerve to ask for his number while giggling. It made Yunho obviously feel possessive of Mingi.

Somehow he wanted to show them that Mingi was out of reach but yet again they're just teenagers with dreams of a man like the younger. He decides to let it slide.

Yunho's eyes suddenly widened when he sees that Mingi has finished playing and was being handed the giraffe plushie that Yunho chose. He happily walks up to him to give him the prize he just won, "Like I said, here you go."

A blush crept on Yunho's face, awkwardly taking the stuffed toy. "Thank you.."

Mingi smiles back as they both started walking away, the younger definitely satisfied that he didn't end up embarassing himself because of his confidence.

Yunho's attention suddenly was caught when they passed by a claw machine near the comfort room. The machine contained medium sized of different stuffed animals. He smiles to himself as he continued walking beside Mingi.

Deciding that he should hide plushie he was holding since he has the memory of a goldfish and he doesn't want to lose the stuffed animal.

From the distance they could see people setting up large speakers and a microphone stand at the plaza. It was almost time for the anniversary speech which means they'll gather up around the stage.

"Can you wait for me here? I think I need to use the bathroom." Mingi says, stopping his tracks which made Yunho also stop.

"Yeah sure." the older replies, eyes caught by a food stand nearby, "I think I'm going to buy some cotton candy while you take your time."

Mingi nods as he sprinted to the comfort rooms. The taller took his time and bought some cotton candy which had his mouth hang open because of how big it was when the worker gave it to him, "Its bigger than my head." he mumbles in disbelief.