Thunder Nights⁴

Jeong Yunho

"I told you, you'd get the job." Yejin smiles as she helped Yunho pick out all the things he needed for his new job at the office supply section.

He smiles at her before grapping a pad of sticky notes, "Thank you for believing in me, and encouraging me."

"You're very welcome." she proudly says, "We could go together tomorrow morning if you'd like." she suggested.

"That would be-"

San suddenly came running in, holding a big candle in his hands with a wide smile. "Yejin you have to smell this- this is heaven!" he shoved the item in her face.

"San'ah-" she took the large candle, placing it under her nose and smelled. And god he was right, th candle smelled so good. A scent of strawberry and lavender ran through both of their nostrils.

"It smells nice but I don't like-"

"Its not for you." San quickly says, Yejin getting caught off guard.

"Then why did you-"

"Because I know you don't like candles." San smiles, walking away with the large candle in his hands amdiring how pretty and nice it smelled. "I'm getting this for Wooyoung." he happily danced his way to the cashier and payed for it.

"He's just unique." Yunho smiles, pushing the cart.

~~~~~~

Once they finished buying everything, Yejin and San walked Yunho back to his car. Putting all the bags inside the trunk of the vechicle. "Thank you guys for helping me out.." the taller smiles sincerely.

"Its the least we could do after having San and Wooyoung flirting every chance they get infront of you-" Yejin was nudged on the side by San, causing her to yelp in pain. Biting on her lip to avoid cursing out loud.

"You're welcome, I'll go start the car." he rolled his eyes at his sister. Hugging the candle his arms as he sassily walked away from her.

"I swear he's a man." she sighs unphased.

Yunho laughs it off. Closing the door of the car's trunk. "He's just inlove, thats all."

Yejin shook her head in amusement, "More than you think." she smiles, turning around to face the taller.

"Be careful on your way back."

"Ofcourse." she says, "Tomorrow morning at eight.. Boss doesn't want anyone to be late after 8:30." she added.

"He seems strict."

"He is, unless with his loved ones. He's a complete different man around them." she chuckles in amusement.

Yunho raised his brows, "And you know that because?"

"Thats a different story for another day."

"Yejin."

She laughed it off, "I'll tell you some other time. Drive safely." she waved him goodbye before walking to the car San was already inside of.

Leaving Yunho standing all by himself in the parking lot. His eyes landing on the street near the coffee shop he just got fired from.

From a distance he could see a tall male figure, drinking a warm cup of coffee while looking in Yunho's direction.

He was wearing all black clothes, a suit to be specific. Yunho found it strange at how the person reminded him of Mingi in some way.

With just the way he stood. One hand in his pocket while the other was holding the cup, drinking it while calmly staring at the other.

Yunho decided to just get inside his car instead of growing more creeped out by this strange man across the parking lot just watching him. The grey clouds started to cover the bright sunshine, turning the weather upside down.

He drove out the parking lot in no time, driving to the complete opposite direction of where the weird male was standing.

~~~~~~

The Next Morning

Yunho arrived twenty minutes earlier than Yejin. He received a text from the interviewer Seonghwa to come by early than scheduled due to some changes.

He started overthinking things like, "What if I'm not good enough for them?" "Didn't I reach their standards?" "Are they calling me to inform me that they found a better worker?"

It was until he was sat down in the same office with Seonghwa. "You came early." he says, playing with his pen.

Yunho laughed it off awkwardly, "Yeah.. I got a little nervous about your message." he explains, fidgeting his long fingers.

Earning a small smile from Seonghwa as he wrote something down on his clipboard. "Don't worry, we won't fire you or anything." he assured the other which made him sigh in what may be relief. Seonghwa looked back up at Yunho, "We just wanted to inform you that you won't be working as an employee.

"Excuse me?" Yunho blinked.

"You heard me."

And I thought they weren't going to fire me.

"You'll be working as the boss' new secretary."

page 16