Thunder Nights¹²

Jeong Yunho

"I'll have the money by tomorrow, I promise.." Yunho says, peeking his head out the front door. Speaking to the landlord with a small voice.

"This is the third time now. If you don't have it by tomorrow, I'll have to report you." he days, crossed arms over his chest. Holding a piece of parchment paper in his hand.

"Yes, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience." he repeatedly apologizing.

It was early in the morning and the landlord was knocking rapidly on their door, coming by to collect the money rent since they were already past the due date.

And for some odd reason, Yunho couldn't find his wallet anywhere. He swore he left it in his bag before he left the office last night. His credit card contained the very amount of money they needed to pay this months rent, which happened to be inside his missing wallet.

Maybe he left it at the company when he was cleaning up. He decides to just get dressed and make his way to work quick as possible to try his luck in finding his missing item there. Hoping it was where he thinks he left it.

He started searching for a specific item in his secret hiding spot. Planning on grabbing the past dur date papers only to find out they're missing too.

"What is going on today?" he mumbles. Unfolding the clutched pieces of money, hoping the papers were just inbetween them although it sounded weird since the papers were much bigger than the money. "I could've sworn I've left it with the money.."

"Hyung?"

Yunho jumped in surprise. Gunho was already awake, which was strange since he was a heavy sleeper and it was only seven in the morning.

"I'm sorry did I wake you up?" He looks at the younger who still in his pajamas, standing out their bedroom door while rubbing his eyes.

"No, I've been awake for a few minutes now.." he replies softly.

Yunho took the money and placed it inside his pockets, leaving the jar on the kitchen counter. "I've made you breakfast already, if you want to eat. I'll be going any minute now." he walks up to the door to grab his shoes.

Gunho slightly nodded, stepping inside the kitchen to eat his breakfast silently. "I will be staying at Roger's house for today, would that be a problem?"

Roger was one of Gunho's classmate and close friend. "No that shouldn't be a problem. Do you want me to drop you off?"

"No, I'll just take the bus. Besides, you need to be at work anytime now."

"I could tell them that I will be running late, and so that I can drop you off safely." Yunho says, standing up after wearing his shoes comfortably.

Gunho shook his head, "You don't have to."

The taller walks behind the counter to gather his things. "Are you sure buddy?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I will be fine." he assures the older.

Yunho sighs. He has to accept the fact that his younger brother wasn't young anymore. He's in his teens now, he can decide for himself. Knows the things that are good and not good for him. Gunho wasn't a child anymore, he's growing up.

And that makes Yunho miserable. He hates the thought that soon he wouldn't be taking care of him anymore, Gunho would be looking out for himself when he reaches his adulthood.

Although he still sees the child he took care of before his High School Graduation that Mingi nor Yunho's parents could attend.

Mingi had already left the country a month before their graduation, and his parents.. Let's just say they went away for a bit and didn't come home afterwards.

What a great core memory. He thought to himself.

"Alright, update me when you arrive there okay?" Yunho smiled.

"Ofcourse."

Just as he was about to leave. He remembers the dinner they would be having tonight at Mingi's place.

"The dinner.. What time are we supposed to be there?"

"Around 8'oclock."

Yunho nods, "Okay, I'll try to come home earlier than that so we could drive there together."

Gunho nods with a small smile, "Thank you, for doing this for me.."

Yunho's heart melted, "You know I would do anything for you." he fixed his own hair, "Have fun at Roger's."

"Good luck with work.."

After saying good bye to each other. Yunho had left their apartment, standing alone while waiting for the elevator. The door on the left side from theirs had opened, an old lady in her late sixties stepped out.

"Good morning, Mrs. Kate." Yunho greetd her warmly, seeing her walking right towards him. Perhaps also waiting for the elevator.

Mrs. Kate was their neighbor, if that wasn't obvious. She lives alone and her children come visit her once or twice month.

Yunho was friends with her during his college years here. She often invites him or Gunho over for tea and bake some cakes and cookied with her. Gunho mostly played with her three cats, Sunshine, Latte, and Flower.

"Good morning Yuyu-boy. How are you doing sweetheart?" she sweetly says with a warm smile.

That nickname always makes him smile  although he swore to himself that only Mingi could call him yuyu - Mrs. Kate was now an exception.

She was basically their second parent now. Yunho even asked her if she could accompany him to his graduation at college in which she agreed almost immediately.

"I'm doing quite better now, thanks for asking.. How are you doing so far? Are thr cats still healthy? I forgot to drop off some treats for them last week."

"Oh I'm living my best life darling, although Latte has been pooping herself everywhere around the house except in her cat litter." she shook her head.

Yunho laughs at her small story, "I'll try to come by and visit them when I'm free."

Mrs. Kate smiles at the taller, "That would be lovely. I also heard you have new job, how is it there boy? Gunho told me everything."

"Its alright so far-"

"Speaking of the young man, I didn't knew he had a girlfriend already." she snorted jokingly. "I'm hoping to meet her some day."

"I'm sure you will, Mrs. Kate."

page 24