Exchanged Pain⁸

Jeong Yunho

"I'm sure he's alright, it was just a dream." Mingi assures him.

It was already morning and the younger was cooking breakfast for him. Yunho blankly sat on the chair, spacing out with his messy morning hair and pink cheeks. Large circles under his eyes which shows that he didn't sleep properly last night. Which was right because all he could think about the entire time was Gunho's safety. If he was still alive or if all of his body parts were still attatched to him-

"Maybe my thoughts were right.." he quietly says. The sound of eggs frying was heard and Mingi raised a brow, glancing at the other. "I've been too worried about him although he's almost seventeen- god it feels impossible.. I took care of him after I finished High School, was for there him throughout his childhood and now I've come to the realization that I can't take care of him all his life. He's growing up and one day he will move out and start a life by himself, I won't be part of it and younger me would never want that.. But that dream made me realize that he won't always be my younger brother.."

Mingi immdiately turns off the stove and walks to hug Yunho, "Stop making me cry."

"So you do feel the same way about Minji?" Yunho rested his chin on the other's broad shoulder.

"Ofcourse, we might not get along well but that doesn't mean I don't love and care for her. At the end of the day, she is still my sister. The only person who truly understand why I hate my parents with so much passion, she technically hates them the same I do." Mingi says.

Yunho lets out a sad smile, "Why do they have to grow up so fast.."

Mingi quickly pulls away to look at him, "I don't know, but I'm sure he won't forget you. That boy always looks up to you, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want to move out." he jokes and finally a genuine laugh left the older's mouth. "I mean he's got a nice cozy house here, the best brother in the world- what more could he ask for?"

"Minji?"

"Aye ofcourse she's exempted in the list." Mingi rolled his eyes playfully. "Now stop thinking Gunho would abandon you 'cause he will not. He will forever stick to you." he gently drops a kiss on Yunho's pink cheek before going back to open the stove and continue cooking breakfast.

Yunho smiles. Mingi never fails to assure him in situations he had never been so grateful for having someone like him in his life. Always present whenever he needed someone, except those years after graduating from High School.

"By the way, where are your parents? I haven't seem them in so long, it would be nice to meet them again." Mingi says as he flips the eggs and bacons.

Yunho played with the silver fork, "They're not here right now, we could visit them later before our flight though but we'd have to stop by the flower shop first."

"Sure why not? But may I ask why they're not here though?" Mingi asks, not hiding the obvious confusion in his tone.

He did realize that this was not the same house Yunho and his family used to live in back in High School. They lived in a more bigger house, so the thought that this was Yunho's own apartment came to his mind and maybe Gunho was just staying over to accompany him.

"I moved here since it would be much closer to the college I used to study at." Yunho replied. It made sense since there was a college not far from here, only a seven minute walk from here.

Mingi nods in response, he moves the cooked eggs and bacons to one plate. One for Yunho and one for him. Holding each one of them in his hands as he serves it to the table. The delicious smell running through Yunho's nostrils was making his mouth water although he doesn't feel hungry for some odd reason. As if his stomach was already full eventhough he hasn't even eaten anything.

"Are you just going to stare at your food until it gets cold or what?" Mingi mocks and Yunho snaps back to reality.

"I don't feel hungry.."

"But you haven't eaten anything yet." Mingi stuffs himself with a slice of bacon.

"I know but-"

"No buts, I will feed you if I need to."

Yunho huffs, "Yeah as if."

"I'm dead serious, Yunho."

He found it amusing, not until Mingi lifted his chair and sat right beside him. He takes Yunho's fork and immediately starts feeding him a piece of the fried egg.

"Mingi I actually don't have an appetit-"

"I don't care, you need to eat. Now open-" Mingi was so ready to do the airplane thing which you usually do to toddlers but the main door suddenly unlocked before it opened.

They both froze in their spot when they saw Gunho entering and locking the door. Giving them a weird stare when he sees that Mingi was about to feed his older brother. He takes off his shoes and placed the keys somewhere on the table, "Good morning?"

Yunho gulps, he takes the fork Mingi was holding and fed himself.

"Morning, Gunho." Mingi smiled.

"Hey.. When did you come?" Gunho asks, taking off his jacket.

"Since last night.." he lowers his hand and takes the chair back to its place. Gunho laughs to himself at their reactions.

"Embarrassed, huh?" he teases, "Seriously? Feeding each other? What are you guys- are you dating?" Gunho's expression dropped when he blurted out the last part.

Yunho chuckles in amusement, "Shut up and do you want to visit Mom and Dad today, before we fly across the country?"

Gunho regained his smile, "Visit Mom and Dad? Heck yes!"

"Great now we-"

"-Are you guys dating though?'

page 50