Exchanged Pain⁷

Jeong Yunho

"Come sleep beside me." Mingi pats at the empty space beside him on the bed. Yunho was sitting on the floor, about to take out his sleeping sack since he usually sleeps on the floor.

"The bed isn't big enough for the both of us." Yunho chuckles.

"So what? Let me snuggle to you then."

"Mingi~"

Mingi stood up and lifted Yunho up on his shoulder with ease. He carefully drops him down on the bed before snuggling against his neck, "Stop complaining and just sleep." he mumbles against his skin which tickled the older.

Yunho smiles to himself, hugging the male who was ontop of him. "Okay okay, I'll sleep now."

Yunho woke up light headed for some odd reason the next morning. Mingi was still snoring beside him, fast asleep like a rock. He could still remember the other teasing him to death, convincing Yunho that he was sleep naked and he would playfully kick him out the house for it. What happened instead was, he secretly slept without a shirt while they were cuddling to death.

Yunho rolled his eyes at the memory. With messy hair and pink cheeks, he sat up and pinched Mingi's right nipple.

Mingi awakens while screaming in horror. Cursing at who ever dares to press his nipples together, "Ow- What the fu-" he bits his tongue when he sees that it was Yunho.

The older had to hold his laughter in, Mingi's terrified reaction was everything.

"What was that for?!"

"I told you to sleep with a shirt on!"

"Its not like you didn't like it." Mingi wigged his eyebrows, same stupid grin.

"God you're so annoying." Yunho takes his pillow and pushes it right on his face. Pressing down for a few seconds as he ran away, "Get dressed already!" he shouts from the corridor.

Mingi stayed like that. Smiling like an idiot underneath the pillow. Fantasizing what they could possibly do once the business meeting is finished.

Yunho's breath got stuck in his throat when he saw policemen inside the living room. Comfortably sitting down on the sofa, looking like they waited for him to wake up.

"Who are you and how did you get inside my house?" Yunho immediately questions them.

"Are you the brother of the victim, Jeong Gunho?"

Yunho's heart dropped.

What does he mean by victim?

"Yunho is someone here-"

The older was frozen in his spot, not wanting to hear the next possible words from the policemen.

"Your brother was found not breathing on the side of the road near a car collision. We're currently investigating and we believe he got involved in the crash-"

"What do you mean?! Is he dead?!" Yunho screams, sprinting towards the officer to grab him by his collar.

Mingi immediately held him back, "Yunho please calm down-"

"You expect me to calm down when my younger brother is dead?! Mingi are you fucking-"

"Yunho!"

....

"Yunho!"

.....

"Yunho!" he hears Mingi scream in his ear.

He was finally awoken from his nightmare. Breathing heavily as he aas having a cold sweat. Tears streaming from his eyes as he stares at Mingi who woke him up.

"Mingi.." the older sobs.

Inside the dark room, Mingi's arms found themselves wrapping around Yunho's body tightly. "Its alright, I'm here.." he comforts him, stroking his back up and down.

"Did you have a nightmare?" he gently asks.

He received only a soft nod in response, breath hitching. Yunho snuggled closer in fear, crying in Mingi's chest. Without any more further words, they stayed like that for the rest of the night. The younger didn't let him go even after he had calmed down from his nightmare. Fisting the material of Mingi's shirt.

"I don't want to sleep.." he blurts out.

"You have to love.." Mingi ruffles his hair, "You'll get more tired if you don't sleep."

"I'm afraid that I'll dream of it again.."

"You won't." he assures him but Yunho shook his head, "What was your dream about?"

"Gunho.."

page 49