Thunder Nights¹³

Jeong Yunho

The taller was rummaging everywhere in his small office. Looking through invisible spaces for his wallet. It had been hours and he still couldn't find anything that was his missing item.

Every little hole in the wall, painting, and books on the shelf he had to remove and check because his not so smart brain thinks he left it somewhere there.

He was about to reach the top of the shelf when the telephone rang on the table. Yunho sprinted to press down a button which answered the call and automatically put on speaker. "Secretary Jeong, speaking."

"Hey, yes good morning Yunho. This is Seonghwa from Mingi's office, could you come up here real quick?"

Yunho sighs secretly, "Yeah sure, be there in five."

Seonghwa hangs up the phone the next second. Leaving Yunho to stare down at the mess behind him, items scattered everywhere. It drove him to the edge.

First his wallet is missing, the landlord is waiting for the rent money by tomorrow morning, his office looks like a tornado passed by and now Mingi wants to see him in his office. What a great way to continue the day.

He lets out an annoyed groan before making his way out the place. The elevator taking longer than ever, only to find out it just came down from the top floor of this building.

As the people started stepping out the elevator, Yunho entered. He was the only person inside, one of his long and slim finger pressed the button to his floor.

It only took seconds as he reached his destination, until he was standing outside Mingi's door. Taking a deep breath before knocking on it a few times.

Someone from inside opened it from him, it was Seonghwa. "Just in time, I was about to leave." he looked at Yunho before mouthing a "Good luck" to him.

Yunho entered and Seonghwa left, locking door right as he exited the office. The older's eyes searched for the person who wanted to meet him.

He finds Mingi standing infront of the massive family portrait. Hands in his pocket while the jacket of his suit was spread ontop of the black reclining chair.

Mingi clears his throat.

"Yes?" Yunho asks.

Watching as Mingi started emptying his pockets, "I think this is yours." he showed him the brown wallet. Not just any wallet, it was Yunho's missing wallet. "You left it in my car last night.."

Ofcourse.

Out of all places, he did not once think that he could have left it in Mingi's car.

Yunho's whole body relaxed, now he had his wallet back and can finally pay rent on time tomorrow but he'll have to withdraw some cash later in the day.

Mingi walks down to hand him his wallet. Yunho gently took it, just holding it in his hands and looking back at Mingi. The other raised a brow at him, "Aren't you going to check the insides incase there's something missing?" he questions.

"As much as you hurted me, I still trust you with any of my stuff." Yunho explains calmly.

Mingi swore his heart raced.

"Thank you.." he lets out a small smile.

The younger could only nod. His visible pink cheeks which he didn't try to hide. "I may or may not have gone through it though- but I didn't take anything."

Yunho's body went rigid, "Oh.."

He tried to cover his embarrassed face as he looked inside his wallet. He may or may not still have a picture of Mingi inside his wallet, only that the back of the photo was showing. It also included the past due date papers folded inside of- all this time it was inside the wallet.

Yunho gulped, ofcourse Mingi saw the papers which made the moment more awkwward for Yunho.

"I-I'll get going.." he silently says.

Mingi looked at him with a confused look on his face, "Are you sure? I mean you just got here-"

"Oh uhm, my office is a mess which I still have to clean up and I got some documents to finish." he reasoned him.

"Oh.. Okay then."

Yunho immediately left without another word. The door slammed shut and he sprinted towards the elevator. Rapidly pressing the elevator buttons but it didn't work and it took the elevator much longer to arrive.

Meanwhile, Mingi was sat on his chair. Checking the cctv footage in Yunho's office. He sighs seeing that Yunho wasn't lying. The place was a real mess from searching his wallet everywhere.

~~~~~~~~

Jeong Gunho

Yunho had left a few hours ago by now.

And Gunho was currently making his way through the large crowds inside the mall, searching for a specific person who was waiting for him.

"You're early." Minji smiles as Gunho reached her infront of a random store. She plugged out her earphones in order to hear what the male was saying.

"I was already on my way half an hour ago." Gunho says.

Minji had texted him early in the morning because she wanted to meet up with him at the mall they're currently at. He lied to Yunho saying he was supposed to be at Roger's place but actually, he was meeting up with Minji.

If he told Yunho that he would be with her at the mall, he wouldn't think twice to lend him his money which Gunho doesn't want to happen since his brother has alot going on at the moment and he doesn't want to receive a single dime from him unless they're financially stable again. Which might take longer.

"So what are we here for again?" Gunho asks, hands in his pockets while the other was typing on his phone. Texting Yunho's number to let him now he was at "Roger's place".

"I'll take you shopping for tonight's dinner."

page 25