Mutual Regrets⁴

Jeong Yunho

After the wedding ceremony was done. Everyone proceeded to the tables to eat. Without even realizing that time was flying by so quickly when the newly wedded couple's family member had said their speeches and congratulations to them.

Mingi has been giggling at him for the past few hours now because Yunho started to feel more emotional from the parent's heartwarming message.

The taller was so overwhelmed as if it was his wedding that he didn't even eat the whole time since he was too busy crying over someone else's wedding.

While he was admiring the happy couple sitting on the large white sofa, Mingi was grabbing himself some clean tissues from table before using it to wipe the stained tears from Yunho's face.

"Such a crybaby." he playfully says, earning a smack on his arm from the other.

Yunho takes the tissues from Mingi and did the work himself, "And its not even my wedding." he cries.

Mingi continues to laugh at his boyfriend's state, "Are you asking to get married?" he earns another hit from him.

"You're saying that when we haven't even celebrated our first month yet."

"You mean we really started over again? What about our years during High School? Aren't we going to consider contuining from there?" Mingi pouts.

"Mingi, you left before we even graduated."

"But we didn't really break up though, you said that yourself." he reminded, "Let's just say those years I was away was a long distance relationship, hmm?"

Yunho playfully rolls his eyes, "Fine, I guess we're 8 years and 11 months together by next week."

"Wah, how fast time flies. Don't you think?" Mingi leans back in his seat, staring at the sunset.

"I actually didn't think we would come this far." Yunho smiles, "We dated when we were like 15 and now how old are we? Literally 24."

"Exactly, High School sweethearts. Who could've thought?"

"I know right.. I'm really grateful that it's you." the older whispers to him, turning his face to hold eye contact.

Mingi stares deeply into his eyes, his heart beating out of its cage the longer he continues to think of all the beautiful and unforgettable memories together. Each one of them felt like he won a trophy in life. For him, he basically hit the lottery to have Yunho in his life. Everything about the other was so perfect and he wouldn't ask for more. It will always be Yunho, no matter what.

Their own little world was interrupted when muscular guys came in. Carrying the big white wedding cake beside the tables of food. The band started playing a slow romantic song which means the round of speech and messages were over and it was time to cut the cake.

Yunho had finally stopped crying and started to smile, watching how Hongjoong held Seonghwa's hands with the knife as they slowly cut triangular pieces of the cake for everyone to eat.

Other guests started to stand up, take photographs and filming with their cameras of the couple. Some were even on the dance floor, slow dancing to the music with their partners. While others were holding different alcoholic drinks. Jongho to be specific.

That man was spending too much time by the small bar. And if Yunho wasn't mistaken, he would most likely be drunk at the moment.

"Do you want to dance?" Mingi notices the way Yunho stares at the people dancing.

"What- No, I was just-'' he was caught off guard.

The younger suddenly stood up from his seat, "Let me rephrase that. Can I dance with you?" he reaches out his hand.

Yunho blushes hard on the spot, "Well, I mean why not?" he shyly takes Mingi's hand. And with his weak knees and jelly legs, Mingi slowly walks him to the dance floor.

Once they were on the tiled floor. Mingi gently pulls him closer with his hand on his waist while Yunho's hands found a comfortable place around his broad shoulder.

Their foreheads naturally pressed together as their feet started to dance to the slow music. Yunho had never felt this much comfort in Mingi, maybe because it felt like their own wedding? Is he even allowed to think that way? Whatever it was, it felt very different but good at the same time. He could get used to this.

Yunho pulls him closer to him, if that was still possible. He could clearly feel Mingi's heartbeat against his chest, "Your heart is beating fast." he whispers.

Mingi chuckles, "Yours too."

This feeling. Moment to be exact. They never wanted it to fade away.

The younger didn't seem to control himself anymore when he stole a quick kiss from Yunho. Not caring a single bit if other people were looking. He was just so tempted at the moment that his patience had run out. The urge of kissing him was too strong and he let his impulsive thoughts win.

And ofcourse as Yunho was so weak for this man, he wasted no second to respond. It was slowly getting to Mingi, and took him a few more seconds before he parts away from Yunho's plump lips.

He had to slap Mingi's neck out of shyness, "You're so cliché."

Mingi laughs at his reaction, inching his face away to stare at the other. "Don't act like you don't like it."

"Can I request a song?" they suddenly heard Jongho's voice through the massive speakers.

When they looked in the way where it was coming from, they saw him standing by the band. Holding a microphone and a glass of alcohol in his hands, staring patiently at the bandmembers.

"He's requesting to sing for the couple." Yeosang beside him says to the microphone to clarify his words.

"Sure man, what do you want to sing for them?" the guitarist leans in, finding Jongho's tipsy state amusing.

"A thousand years." Jongho simply replies.

"You heard the man guys." the bandmembers prepared their instruments for the requested song, "Show us what you got man."

Yunho looks back at Mingi, "Should we do something?"

"Nah."

Jongho had everyone's full attention on him now. The newly wedded couple seemed very invested, especially Hongjoong.

The music played and everyone waited for him to start singing. And when he did, the whole crowd started to cheer and praise him for his amazing vocals.

Yeosang was obviously in awe. Maybe because it was the first time he heard Jongho sing.

This wasn't the first time Yunho and Mingi heard him sing. They knew Jongho had an amazing voice but the younger was always insecure that he rarely sung. And if you did hear him sing, he was either forced to or someone asked him to sing for a special event.

Jongho never sings unless he gets money from it. But tonight was different. It wasn't even Jongho who was singing, that man was gone because of the amount of alcohol he drank.

And being mentioned, the younger wasn't really the type to drink this much unless a big occassion was happening. Just like this one.

"Do you think he would remember this?"

Mingi looks at Jongho who received a round of applause and having everyone recording him. Besides, he looked like he was having the time of his life as Mingi looks back at Yunho while snickering,

"I don't think so."

page 76