Thunder Nights⁷

Jeong Yunho

After some hours. Seonghwa helped the male with all his paperworks. Going through each one of them and signing here and there, Yunho's fingers feeling numb from all the writing.

He sat beside Seonghwa who patiently helped him when he was unsure of what to do or write.

"Do you want to take a short break?" Seonghwa asked, chuckling to see the other almost exhausted from the first three hours of being a secretary.

Yunho tapped his pen, "I could use one."

The other checked his watch. "You're lucky, its exactly lunch time." his eyes lit up, Seonghwa stood up from his seat. "We'll continue a few hours after lunch, you can go back to boss' office to grab the other papers. I have another interview sadly."

Yunho nodded, the thought of going back to Mingi's office was driving him insane. But how can he leave this job when he's already working for him. Ofcourse he had no idea Mingi would be his boss.

"Its alright." Yunho assured the other.

"I'll get back to you as soon I can." the sitting male watched Seonghwa walk to the door, holding the doorknob with his clipboard in his other hand.

"Don't rush it. I think I can handle it from here." he smiles assuringly, watching Seonghwa give a small nod before leaving the room.

Yunho sighs, sitting back in his reclining chair. Silently staring at the ceiling which had a few cobwebs that bothered him. "People these days don't even bother cleaning." he shakes his head inumpressed.

From the corner of the room was a long broom standing along with a dustpan. The taller deciding to clean the small office before going out to Mingi's office to grab the rest of his paper works.

Since Yunho was already tall enough, he raised the broom only a few meters in the air and started sweeping the cobwebs from every corner of the ceiling.

Just then, the doorknob of the office suddenly turned and the door swung open. Yunho turning his head to the side, brows raising to see Mingi standing outside of it.

"What are you doing?" Mingi asks, his intention was to start a conversation with Yunho even if it was a small one. He just wanted to talk to him in order to make things less awkward between them, although it might look he was being desperate as if he can't stop himself from talking to him.

"Cleaning?" the other responds, lowering the broom he was holding.

"That's not your job-"

"Well since your former secretaries can't clean it themselves, I had to do it myself. I can't handle seeing dirt everywhere.." he mumbles the last part.

Mingi knew Yunho hated messy places. Even if it wasn't his job to tidy everything up, he would still clean it. Even the smallest dirt spots irritates the other and that was how Mingi learned to be organized since he used to be one of the messiest people you could possibly meet before he even started talking to Yunho back in High School.

Mingi cleared his throat, "How are the papers doing?" his eyes landed on Yunho's organized table, he was impressed to see that he even cleaned the desk and computer.

The last time he entered here was a few days ago before he fired his last secretary. And he swore the person was messier than he was. Can't even throw out a cup of coffee that was standing on the window for a whole week before he even turned CEO. It left an unpleasant smell for days until Mingi had to scold them for it to throw it.

It was stupid, Mingi always thought. People are old enough to do things themselves yet there are still ones who still need to hear what they have to do or they won't even bother moving.

"Just finished." Yunho replies, pushing Mingi's thoughts to the back of his head. "What are you doing here again?"

Mingi let himself in, one hand in his pocket and the other was holding a paperbag which the other hadn't noticed until now. "I decided to check by since it was lunch time.. And I see you aren't eating yet."

"And?" Yunho placed the broom back to where he found it, "I'm not hungry."

Liar. Mingi thought, "And you think I believe you when you say that?"

"That doesn't explain why you're here though." he tried to change the subject and Mingi found it amusing of him, how he still denies his hunger to him.

"I've known you since High School, Yunho." he approached his table and placed the paperbag beside the computer. "That's one of your oldest tricks that I don't fall for."

Yunho stared at Mingi, trying to act all confused when in fact he felt like he got caught. Losing in his own game.

"I came here to bring you your lunch. Make sure to eat it, I don't want to see it in the trash when I roam this company. There's also water in it, I know you're also dehydrated." Mingi says, one final look at Yunho and he turns his heels around.

Yunho's eyes glued to Mingi's back. He wanted to talk but nothing came out of his mouth. Mingi had eventually left and closed the door behind him, leaving Yunho standing in the middle of the room.

Processing the whole situation. Not knowing whether to actually eat the food he received from Mingi or just give it to someone else.

He grew frustrated, already expecting what the next few days could happen. Mingi will be visiting him daily and bring him his lunch. Just like in High School. A day didn't go by where Mingi didn't bring him his food.

Running a hand through his hair and shoulders dropping as he stared at the paperbag on his desk. He decides not to waste Mingi's money by dumping it in the trash.

He had to think of something alternative.

God he drives me insane..

page 19

Snain On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara