Thunder Nights¹⁵

Jeong Yunho

They arrived at the large Mansion.

Gunho was in awe and couldn't believe his eyes, thinking her family was rich rich. Yunho, on the other hand can't accept the fact that he was about to step foot inside this hell of a house again.

All the painful memories started coming back to him. All of the wrong moments that happened in that specific house was haunting him.

"Are you okay?" the thoughts were pushed aside when Gunho comes fowards to check on his brother.

Yunho gulped, "Yeah.."

Gunho felt slightly bad for doing this. But he couldn't tell him the truth, not now when their plan has already come far.

They both started walking to the main gate which was half the size of their apartment. Two muscular men stood by it, stopping the two males from continuing their tracks.

"No strangers allowed-" one of them said but the other looked Yunho up and down. They recognized each other.

"That's Yunho. Let them in." he says.

The taller's body relaxed at the person's words. Gunho's body tensed up, looking up at his brother.

"Thank you, Jongho."

Jongho unlocked the large gate for them, "Yunhos friends with the son." he turns to the bodyguard beside him who was still unsure.

"Fine. You can go."

With a small smile and nod, they quickly made their way inside, soon reaching the main door which was the size of their apartment.

"Come again?" Gunho says in disbelief.

"What?"

"Do you know him- how does he know you-"

Yunho chuckles in amusement, "Jongho you mean?"

"Yeah- whatever his name was-"

"He's Mingi bodyguard, since High School I believe. Mingi usually invites me over here and Jongho was always with him around the house. And since Mingi is old enough now, Jongho stayed to guard the front gate instead." he explains just as they reached the front door.

The taller rang the door bell and within a second, Minji opened it for them. Peeking her head through the wooden door. She lets out a sigh of relief before fully opening it and making some space fot them to enter, "You guys are quite early, they're still preparing dinner." she says in a small voice.

"I thought dinner was at eight?" Gunho approaches her.

"I know but something came inbetween, my parents have been fuzzing around for the past few hours now." she closed the large door as she took a step forward.

Gunho noticed that she was wearing a beautiful, comfortable blue dress which suited her perfectly. Even with a matching flower hairband. She looked stunning. "You look pretty in blue." he blurted out.

Minji blushed lightly, "You look great too.."

Meanwhile Minji was checking him out. Gunho's hairstyle looked so much better than any of his usual ones. Since when did he look so attractive?

It was until she pushed her thoughts away to the back of her head, "I'm sorry to say but I don't think the dinner would be happening.."

Yunho furrowed his brows together, "Why not?"

"My parent's mood doesn't seem so welcoming, and I don't want the dinner to go wrong.. Especially I don't want them to leave a bad impression on the both of you." she explains sadly.

Gunho gave her an assuring smile, "Its alright."

"No its not. You drove all the way here just to know that the dinner will be cancelled and I can't even do anything about it-"

"Why not?" Mingi suddenly pops out behind them, fixing his buttons. A blue undone necktie spread around his shoulders as he looks at them.

God why does he have to look so good in that suit?

"They're here and we're all dressed." Mingi adds.

"Father is at it again." she simply says and Mingi gets the idea, "Maybe we should just plan some other time-"

"No." Mingi sternly says, "Let's just go out for dinner."

~~~~~~

Gunho and Minji sat at one table while the two older brothers sat together, forced by the couple. Mingi let his sister pick the restaurant and ofcourse she specifically chose one for couples. The restaurant didn't allow to add two more seats in one table because of their guidelines to give the couple's their privacy.

The food arrived soon and neither of the males said a word to each other. While Minji was giggling with Gunho at the seperate table.

They purposely chose a table far away from them to give the males their personal privacy.

Yunho stared down on his food, everything looked delicious although he didn't feel like eating. He ordered the same thing as Mingi.

As he just ended up playing with the roast potatoes with his fork until Mingi lifted his plate and replaced it with his. The taller looks at him surprised, Mingi had cut the stake for him.

"Mingi what are you-"

"Just eat it." he calmly says, taking a sip from his drink and started cutting his own stake.

"You didn't have to cut it for me."

"And let you stare at your food for an hour without touching it?" Mingi looks at the other with a small smile. "Just eat it."

Yunho bit the inside of his cheek, hesitantly eating the steak that Mingi had cut for him. "Thank you.." he silently says, receiving a small satisfied smile from Mingi.

"Can I talk to you?" Yunho approaches the male just as they exited the restaurant.

Mingi looked at him surprised, taking a glance at Minji who was holding hands with Gunho. Giving him a small nod as they walked to the parking lot across the street, giving the males some privacy.

The younger waits for his words but instead Yunho showed him his credit card, "That was you, wasn't it?"

"What?"

"Don't play dumb Mingi." he took a step forward, "You were the one who transferred a million into my account."

Mingi smiles down at him, "And?"

"Mingi are you insane?! One million is crazy- its too much- what am I supposed to do with that kind of money?!"

"Use it to pay off your debts and spoil yourself." the other simply says.

"This is not funny Mingi."

"I didn't do anything." he hid his hands inside the pockets of his pants and started walking across the street with Yunho following him.

He hands him his card, "Mingi take your money back."

"No way, that money is all yours."

"Mingi I can't accept this kind of money-"

The younger takes out his car keys before unlocking his car, watching Minji already get inside the passenger seat.

He turns around to look at Yunho, now standing closely infront of him. "Ofcourse you can."

"Mingi.." Yunho pleaded, "This is just too much.."

Mingi didn't care and took this chance to playfully kiss his cheek, "Come to me if you need more." he smiles widely.

Yunho was left completely flustered, watching Mingi get inside the car before starting the engine. He winks at Yunho through the window before driving off, leaving him dumbfounded.

"I can already see the improvement." Gunho snorted.

page 27