Autumn Rain³

「 

Yunho had just arrived at his brother's school. Waiting for the younger to exit the building.

Five minutes had exactly passed when he saw him walking calmly towards the taller. Earphones plugged in and hands in his pocket.

Yunho chuckled, "Since when are you walking like that?"

"Please, I'm sixteen." Gunho rolled his eyes plaufully, removing his cap before running a hand through his fluffy hair.

"You'll always be five years old to me." the older ruffled his hair, smiling to himself.

It felt like yesterday to Yunho when his parents first brought his younger brother home.

Remembering the times where he would help them change his diapers full of poop or pee. "Do you remember that one time when you-"

Gunho immediately covered his mouth before he could tell the world the most embarrassing moment he had when he was younger.

"Can't you keep anything to yourself?" he whispers, his legs slightly shaking due to him standing on his toes because his brother was too tall for him to slap across the face.

Yunho chuckled lightly, removing Gunho's hand from his mouth. "Anyways, you want to come grocery shopping with me?"

"Does it look like I have a choice?"

"You want to sit inside the cart?" Yunho teased.

Gunho was standing near him as he weighed the carrots. "I'm not a baby anymore."

"Doesn't look like it to me." he smiled to himself, watching the younger not say anything before jogging away to find something in a different aisle.

While Yunho was walking around the fruit section, choosing the newly delivered ones.

Gunho definitely didn't like his brother treating him like he was still a toddler. Yunho knew it gets to his nerves but he just loves his younger brother so much he would do anything to tease him.

Whether it was bringing up old embarrassing moments or showering him with love.

"Yunho?" he heard that voice before, it belonged to the same person he met at the coffee shop.

The male turned around to see him. The person infront of him still wore the same clothes he had on earlier.

Yunho could feel his heart drop, recognizing the person infront of him. He couldn't recognize him earlier but now seeing his face for a moment, everything started to come back to him.

"How have you been?" the person sweetly asked, holding a bag of oranges in his hands.

His favorite fruit.

"Mingi.."

Yunho looked at him with sad eyes, playing with his long fingers.

"I didn't recognize you earlier at the coffee shop, but I knew you looked so familiar. I just couldn't put my finger on it-"

"Since when did you get back?"

Mingi was slightly startled by Yunho's straight forwards voice. He never usually cut him off while speaking, Mingi found it strange.

"About a year ago.."

The other tried to look Yunho in the eyes but he refused any eye contact with the person infront of him.

"Are you okay? You're acting up."

"Do you really have to know?" Yunho says.

"What- Yunho whats going on?"

"Its none of your business, Mingi."

"I think it is, because-"

"Because we're friends?"

Mingi stopped. He knew what he meant.

"Yunho I promise I didn't want it to happen." Mingi tried to approach Yunho but he took a step back.

"You could've called Mingi, you could've texted me. Yet you did none of it.."

"I'm sorry." Mingi sadly looked at him, "Please talk to me, is there any way I can fix this?.."

Yunho turned around, taking the trolley. "You can start by leaving me alone."

Although it was hard for Yunho say it to the male, he knew it was for the best.

Mingi and him knew each other back in High School. They almost had the same past with Wooyoung and San, only that they were a real couple.

With real feelings. Everything was real.

But during their last year, Mingi decided to distant himself from Yunho for some reason. Thinking he wanted some space after an argument.

Until Mingi didn't show up for months. When Yunho tried to call or text him, he received nothing from Mingi.

He was left alone with no answers or explanations.

When he visited their house, Mingi nor his family were no where to he found. Until he was told that they left the country for good.

Yunho was heart broken ever since.

They didn't really break up but the past really bothered Yunho. He loved the other so much and he was left all by himself.

No communication with the other over five years.

And now the same person was standing behind him, begging for him to comeback.

"Yunho can we please start over again?" Mingi pleaded.

"I'm sorry Mingi."

"Have you found someone else?"

"No.."

"Then why can't we start again?"

"You won't understand.."

"When didn't I understand you?" Yunho felt Mingi hug him tightly from behind, dropping his oranges to the floor.

His cheeks resting on Yunho's back softly, "I always understood you when no one else did.."

Yunho would be lying if he said Mingi was wrong.

"I'm sorry.. But not this time." Yunho placed his hands on Mingi's which was wrapped around his middle.

"Why not?"

"That was in High School, Mingi. You need to find someone else other than me."

"But I want you.."

"Then I'm sorry, I can't." Yunho fully removed Mingi's large hands before picking up the oranges he dropped.

Without looking at the other, he handed it to him. "I'm wishing you the best on your new journey."

"Why do you have to be so hurtful?"

"I'm not."

"Yunho, please give me another chance to prove mysel-"

"Goodbye, Mingi." with a fragile heart, Yunho forced himself to leave Mingi behind. His feet bringing him anywhere but near the male.

page 3