Core Memory⁶

Jeong Yunho

"An amusement park date?" Minji repeated.

"A double date?" Gunho raised his brows.

"Are you both back together?!" they both said at the same time. Eyes wide as they stared at Yunho who was reaching for the last grocery item at the very top of the shelf.

Yunho looked at them amused, "No? Why would you guys think that?"

"Because you said it was a double date- and double dates are specifically for couples and it needs two couples- but you aren't together with Mingi.." Minji plotted the points.

The older pushed the shopping cart while placing the item inside which he just took from the shelf, "I'd call it a friendly date." he says.

"I'd rather call it Mingi asking you out." Gunho snorted.

"Do you have any plans on coming back to him-"

"Oh look a self check out counter!" Yunho says in a sarcastic tone, speed walking to counter and started checking all of his items at once.

The couple behind him giggled at the older's response. They purposely said that because they knew he would react this way.

Before they could even even process the whole thing, Yunho finished checking out amd had already paid. All of the groceries in two large tote bags.

Yunho prefered to use tote bags instead of those plastic ones since they easily rip. And using tote bags was more eco friendly not to mention they have pretty designs.

"What do you think?" Gunho asks, showing Minji the plain outfit he chose. It was a plain white shirt and pants.

"Boring." she straightforwardly commented, "Let me choose your outfit, I think I saw a good looking sweater over at the entrance."

"Help yourself." Gunho says. His eyes watched Minji leave to grab the clothes she saw back there.

Meanwhile, Yunho was also looking for something to wear to the amusement park. Until he found something that caught his eye. A cardigan. He already liked it at first sight so he took it with him to a random fitting room and instantly tried it on.

Minji came back right after, "Try this." she hands him a black sweater with the word "Secondmonologue" written on it.

"I trust you on this one." Guho takes the sweater to try it on. Yunho exited the room at the same time.

"Does this look good?" Yunho asks, showing the cardigan he found and now wearing it.

Minji turns to him while Gunho peeked his head through the door of the changing room, "I love the color, beige-like and black."

"You should get that, It looks great on you." Gunho says with a smile.

"I agree." Minji nodded, analyzing the cardigan Yunho was wearing.

A proud smile appeared on the taller's lips, "I'll take it." said Yunho and his brother's head disappeared back into the room.

It took him a moment before the door opened, Gunho showed his outfit and Minji clapped in satisfaction. "Now thats what I'm talking about!"

"Should we grab some donuts on the way before we leave?" the older suggests, carrying all the bags with him while Gunho offered to take Yunho's bag that he brings to work.

"I think I should get going now, my ride is probably waiting for me already." Minji says once they exited the grocery store.

"Why? We haven't even bought donuts yet." said Gunho in a small sad voice.

As she tried to tell them some other things she still had to finish, Gunho sees a familiar tall figure from the donut shop they were just about to enter. "Mingi!" he pointed at Mingi who had his back turned.

And since Mingi had this weird ability to hear from afar, he turned himself around at his name being mentioned. There he sees his sister with the brothers.

He smiles as he got out of line. Already carrying a box of dozen donuts, a piece in his mouth as he tried to put his wallet back in his pocket. "Hey, I just grabbed some donuts. Do you guys want some?"

"We were just about to buy some but since you're offering nicely." Minji says, taking the box from Mingi and opening it almost immediately.

Everyone took a piece for themselves.

"I meant Yunho." Mingi rolled his eyes playfully.

~~~~~

The Next Day

Gunho was already dressed up before five the next day. Yunho on the other hand was still drying his hair with a towel but also dressed.

The younger wore the sweater Minji picked out for him with a large white shirt under it, a pair of blue jeans which was ripped right infront of his knees, exposing it.

While the taller wore the cardigan along with a light blue shirt underneath and some dark jeans. A bracelet and Gunho's customized keychain hanging from his tote bag which had a light house as the design.

As the younger was putting on his shoes, the doorbell suddenly rang. "Don't worry I'll get it." Yunho says, walking to the front door with the towel still in his hands as he opened it.

"Mingi? You're early." Yunho furrowed his brows in the middle.

"Am I?" Mingi checked his watch and he was infact 15 minutes early, "Sorry, please take your time."

"Come in first." he made some space for the other to enter, "How did you even know which floor I live in?"

Mingi cleared his throat. Yunho noticed he was wearing the simpliest outfit Yunho could ever imagine, but he had to admit that he still looked good in it.

A brown shirt which had the letters "A.T.Z" and "8M1T" written under it along with a pair of white pants and a few bracelets. Mingi had always been into fashion and accessories but he thought that it was only an amusement park they're going to, he cut off being too overdressed.

He wad only there to have fun with the others and ofcourse meet Seonghwa's (secret) fiancé which he didn't knew about.

"Oh I met an old lady at the entrance and I asked her if she knew someone named Yunho living here, and to my luck she knows you quite well and yeah, she guided me here. I believe she lives next door." Mingi explains,

"I believe her name is Mrs. Kate."

page 33