Mutual Regrets¹²

Song Mingi

"Where do you think he is?" Minji asks in an uneasy tone after hearing what Mingi was told by the Doctor.

"I have no idea, its either at Wooyoung's place where I have no idea where it is or at his apartment which I have no access to- except for Gunho.." he silently says the last part, watching how his phone screen lit up with Gunho's number showing.

He almost forgot that he actually had his number, how dumb of him. He could've just called him in the first place and yet he managed to completely forget about it.

Within a second he swipes to answer and was greeted with heavy breathings of the younger, "Hyung?" he hears him whisper on the other line.

"Hey little guy, what's going on?" there was no way he would break the news just like that to him so he lets the other say what he wants to.

"Is Yunho with you? I haven't seen him come home last night because I stayed somewhere else and I just got back.. the house is a mess and I've found his phone broken in our bedroom along with some unfamaliar medications."

Mingi's heart raced, "No I'm not with him right now, but hang in there. I'm on my way to your house."

Gunho takes a deep breath, "Okay okay.. I'll wait for you outside.."

"Sure little guy, be there in a few." Mingi sharply makes a change in the route to the nearest street to the apartment.

The call ended and the taller tightly gripped on the steering wheel. Pressured to be there in time.

"I'm sure he's alright." Minji assures him in a small voice.

"I know Gunho is, but I don't know about Yunho." Mingi's brows pinched in the middle was all Minji could see from the rearview mirror.

"I wonder what caused his eating disorder and how he hid it so well. I would have never guessed he was dealing with that." she looks outside the window, pitying over the older.

"Yunho tends to have his ways. If he wants nobody to know about it then he wouldn't even bother making it obvious. Opening up to other people isn't in his vocabularly."

"Has he always been like this?"

"Dying inside? Definitely.."

Gunho was so paranoid that he couldn't handle staying inside the house which was completely torn to pieces. He had to wait outsidr for them. And when they arrived he couldn't help but hug Mingi tightly in fear, worrying about his older brother. He didn't really care if Minji was staring at his state, he was just too scared to think about it.

"Its okay little guy, we will find him." he assures him as Gunho takes them to their apartment.

Their jaws were left hung open when the door opened. Ceramic vases shattered, lopsided paintings, pillows everywhere and anything else you could imagine.

What caught Mingi's attention was the vinyl record which was not on the wall anymore but packed away somewhere on the bookshelf. It broke Mingi's heart to realize that the other was that hurt to put it away. Because even during the years he was away, Yunho never removed it from the wall. This was just devastating.

Gunho walks to the bedroom and coming back with a shattered phone in his hands. It was completely wrecked, as if he had thrown it against a wall.

"So that's why he wouldn't answer any of my calls or texts." Mingi shook his head in frustration, "How are we supposed to find him?"

The older walks further inside the home and ends up in the kitchen where he sees the bottle of medications he mentioned in the call. He crouches down, picks it up to take a closer look. "Fuck its Diazepam." he throws it right on the ground and steps on it with his shoes.