Core Memory⁵

Jeong Yunho

His shift ended faster than the taller would have expected. He was currently tidying up his small office with some background music playing.

Now Playing

Cry Baby
The Neighbourhood

◁  ||  ▷

His phone blasted the song on halfway full volume which remaining undisturbed on the desk while Yunho finally packed all of his belongings.

One last monitor around the place to make sure he had everything and if it looked neat enough to not be visited for a day.

Since he was too entranced on checking the room, he didn't hear the doorknob turning and the door slightly creeking open. Mingi peeked his head through the small space before letting himself in.

Yunho had his head turned back to the male who he didn't even notice entering. Arms crossed over his chest and a serious look on his face, eyes still searching for anything that he could have possibly forgotten.

Mingi found his state amusing. He decides to copy Yunho's way of standing. His arms also crossed over his chest with the exact same facial expression, he stands close to the other but not too close. "Found what you were looking for?"

Yunho jumped in fear.

Eyes widened and brows furrowed in the middle, shooting Mingi a glare. "Great heavens- Mingi!"

The other snickered, satisfied with his reaction. "What are you still doing here? You were supposed to be off eight minutes ago."

"I was about to leave when you decided to scare the living soul out of me." he chuckled lightly at his own reaction of Mingi scaring him.

Yunho walks to grab his bag which was sitting on the chair. He didn't even notice Mingi walking up to his desk, standing near his phone which was still playing the song.

"Still listen to The Neighbourhood?"

The taller stole a glance at him before pausing the song to take his phone, "Never stopped doing so."

Mingi's eyes searched for something in the room but he couldn't find the specific thing he was looking for.

"Its not here. I have it back at the apartment." Yunho says, he already knew what the other was searching for.

It was a vinyl record of one of The Neighbourhood' album. The taller usually played it back then when they used to hang out. Now he has it at home, hung up in the living room as decoration.

"You didn't throw it away?"

Yunho raised his brows in confusion, "No? Yet again, you may have hurt me but that doesn't mean I don't think of you as a person aswell."

His hand reached for his car keys inside his bag and switching his phone with it. Mingi's heart melted at Yunho's words. Now he just feels guilty just as he was all of those years away from him.

"I'm sorry." Mingi blurted out.

"What?" Yunho looked at him puzzled.