Exchanged Pain¹⁵

Jeong Gunho

He couldn't understand her behaviour. Sge was doing it again and before he could even receive an answer from her, she just stormed off to somewhere he couldn't catch her hiding. How was he supposed to enjoy the last day of vacation when they were having another conflict? Why can't he understand? He wants to understand her but she's pushing him away all the time.

Does she think that he wouldn't get it? Is she overreacting? He doesn't know but wants to fix whatever it was, small or big it didn't matter.

Now Gunho could only stare at Minji who was trying to surf, a professional right beside her to teach her. While he was with the other students, playing volleyball. Ofcourse Tina was on the opposite team.

Gunho couldn't even control his emotions, now thinking Tina could possibly be behind this. He thought about it,

It all did happen the moment she approached him, Minji was already acting strange that day and only worsened as days passed. The detention incident, the library, yesterday at the museum. The dots are connecting. It made more sense now.

His eyes glared at Tina, staring fiercly as she served for her team. With Gunho at front, he decides to do the unthinkable. Something he himself didn't expect he would actually do just because he got dragged by his emotions.

As the volleyball comes straight at him, he takes this chance to serve it back right at her with force. This caused the ball to hit her leg and a loud scream in pain was heard afterwards.

Gunho froze at the realization of what he just did, rethinking his decision when he sees other students circling Tina and asking if she was alright. He received side eyes from them and he could feel his chest tighten in regret and nervousness.

He immediately runs up to check up on her. A large bruise was on her leg, "I'm so sorry, Tina.." why was he feeling bad when she is the main reason that he and Minji have problems?

She didn't say anything, only glanced up at him with tears brimmed in her eyes. This didn't make the situation any better although she got what she deserved.

"Its not that bad, she still can handle it. Gunho didn't probably mean to serve it forcefully like that." Gunho's ears started ringing, hearing Ms. Paquiz's words.

He turned his eyes to the side, seeing Minji running towards them with a worried expression but suddenly stopped when she caught Gunho staring. She immediately turned her heels and walked to a different direction.

Gunho couldn't hold it in, he followed her to the public bathroom. He sees her locking herself inside one of the stalls, he banged his fists on the door. "Minji please come out, can we talk?"

"What is there to talk about?" Minji replies sternly.

"Why are you acting so weird? Why do you keep pushing me away when I only want to understand you, don't keep things to yourself, you can talk to me. J want to help you out-"

"Well I don't want your help."

Gunho's heart dropped, "Is this my fault?"

"I didn't say it was."

"Then why does it feel like you're making me the bad guy here? Minji, I'm just trying to help you."

"I said I don't want your help, in what part did you not understand?!" she exclaims, this made Gunho back away from the stall.

"Minji, please.." his eyes brimmed with tears, mixed with anger and fear. "Can we talk this out properly? Without shouting at each other?"

"Get the fuck away from me."