Thunder Nights¹⁰

Jeong Yunho

A Few Years ago..

"Have you taken your vitamins yet?" young highschooler Mingi asks his boyfriend beside him who was currently chugging down a bottle of water after just taking his medications.

He smiles. Yunho gave him a side look, still drinking before putting the half drunken water bottle back down on the cafeteria's table. "Just did." he gives a small smile, fidgeting the package of his medications with his long fingers.

They sat close to each other throughout the entire lunch break. Mingi had to bring Yunho(including himself) his lunch because he didn't trust the cafeteria's food especially since Yunho was allergic to most ingredients they use, like lemons and nuts.

Mingi made sure Yunho was eating well and not skipping any of his meals. He knows how tough Yunho has it at home since their parents couldn't really afford much.

Ofcourse he didn't make Yunho feel out of place knowing Mingi didn't have it hard as him, he came from a wealthy family unlike him.

After they finished eating, Yunho started to pack everything back together. Mingi infront of him scribbling something down at the back of his notebook. "Can I see your artwork?-"

Yunho couldn't even finish his sentence when Mingi panicked and slammed his notebook shut. "Its not finsihed yet.." he smiles awkwardly.

"You never showed me your artworks." he says in a small voice.

Mingi stood up, hiding his notebook inside his bag before taking the tote bag from the table which contained the lunch boxes they ate from including the silverwares, "I'll show you when I finish them."

He smiles assuringly at Yunho who just gave a small but forced smile, hiding the obvious feeling of disappointment on his face.

This always happens.

Everytime he tries to take a look at Mingi's drawings, he would immediately snatch it away from his sight. Not even once had he told Yunho what he was actually sketching in his notebook. And looks like he wasn't going to have a glance at it anytime soon.

Present..

Yunho woke up extra early the next morning. It was already saturday and Gunho would be staying at their small apartment until Yunho gets back from his job.

The older rummaged through the closets, searching for the unpaid papers bills before hiding them inside his bag which was slouching at the counter of the kitchen table.

He had gone off to take a quick shower and come out with only a towel around his waist. Drops of water fell on his naked torso as he dried his hair with another towel, stepping inside the only bedroom.

Gunho was a heavy sleeper, it was already around seven in the morning and he was still sleeping like a rock. Since the younger had no school, he didn't bother waking him up early.

He had already cooked him his breakfast which was sitting on the kitchen table with a small note from Yunho saying that he was off to work and text him if he does leave the house.

The weather didn't seem to look well. Everything was dull outside, heavy grey clouds were hiding the sun.

Seonghwa told him that he shouldn't bother wearing those tight suits as he worked there. He only specifically needed them during important meetings or events he's be attending together with Mingi. Since there weren't any scheduled business meetings yet, he was given the permission to wear atleast a casual but decent outfit to work.

Yunho decided to go for simple clothes, like a pair of wide jeans along with his blue sweater vest and a white shirt underneath it.

Grabbing his car keys from the front door after he gathered all of his things. He exits the building before driving off to the company.

~~~~~

Yunho was greeted with the whole place smelling like coffee. The scent was everywhere. Even as a secretary, the smell of coffee didn't leave him alone.

He smiled at other employees who greeted him on his way to his personal office. Carrying god knows under his arm and in the shopping back in his other hand.

Smile fading almost immediately when he sees Matt leaving his office. He stops when he saw Yunho at the corner of the hallway, an annoying grin on his face. "I was thinking 'bout when you were going to show up."

Yunho stops right at the door beside him, an unimpressed expression plastered on his face. Due to how tall he was, he had to tilt his head slightly down to look at him properly, towering right over Matt. "What do you want."

"You seem confident as someone who just got this position." Matt raises his brows at him.

Yunho ignored his words, walkinh right past him.

"What relationship do you have between Mr. Song." he questions which didn't sound like a question to Yunho. It made him stop his tracks, he had to turn around to look at him with a fake confused expression.

"Excuse me?"

The other took a step forward, "Don't act dumb. I see how he looks at you, as if he knows you for a long time."

Yunho had no idea how Matt managed to figure their situation just like that. Was it so obvious?

"I don't know what you're talking about." Yunho says, walking towards his table and place down all of the things he was carrying.

"Have you known Mr. Song?"

He lets out an annoyed sigh, "Do I bother you?"

Matt shrugged, "Its obvious, the tension is always there."

"My life nor Mingis is none of your business, and it would be lovely of you to not stick up your nose in it."

"So you do have something with Mr. Song." he smirks, "Judging from you casually calling him by his name rather than his surname and without any honorifics."

Yunho's words were caught up in his throat.

"What's with all the noise here?" Seonghwa suddenly pops out at the doorframe, glaring at Matt while clutching his clipboard to his chest. Mingi whom Yunho didn't notice was standing right beside him, glancing at the taller who was inside.

The both of them were roaming the building every morning to monitor if the employees have arrived and look for any troubles or things that could need some reperations.

"Just a small talk." Matt lied.

Yunho was growing very bothered and annoyed by his existance it was making him insane.

Matt left without any further words.

Mingi and Seonghwa still standing at the doorframe, checking on the taller. "Don't listen to him, he tends to make some serious problems around here." Seonghwa says.

"If you believe it or not, I figured it out on my own." Yunho deadpanned.

page 22