Mutual Regrets⁸

Jeong Yunho

He spent those few hours before the event in his apartment getting ready. Gunho was still not saying a word nor looking at him. The gift was hidden somewhere in the living since he was still in the bedroom and it would become more obvious since there's alot of space. He even wrote a letter inside. And Mingi's gift was added to his bookshelf collection.

He was currently in the kitchen buttoning his white button down, he secretly checks the fridge to see if Gunho had eaten yet.

A sad smile on his face when he sees the plate was still there, the food completely untouched. Except for the grapes and oranges.

Yunho sighs and takes out an apple, cucumber and pears. From the drawers he searches for a knife and started to peel the skin off the foods. Slicing them to bite sized bits ontop of the cutting board before storing them back in the fridge inside a tupperware.

Throwing his jacket over his suit along with the house keys and wallet from the counter, he decides to knock on the bedroom door one last time because for sure he would be coming home late tonight.

"Hey buddy, I'll be attending a business event tonight. I peeled you some fresh fruits- they're in the fridge if you get hungry. Please eat them, I see you haven't eaten the leftover meal I saved you." Yunho says as he opens the door, Gunho was still in bed with his attention glued to his phone.

"I wasn't hungry."

That was probably the longest respond he received from the other.

''Please make sure to eat." the keys clinged around his knuckles, "Don't wait for me to come home, I'll be running late."

And as always, there was silence. He sighs deeply, finally closing the door and the last thing the younger heard was heavy footsteps leaving along with the main door open and lock right after.

This was just getting more heavier day by day for Yunho.

"You alright?" Mingi notices the frown on Yunho's face the moment he left the building and got inside the car beside Mingi.

"I wish." he upsettingly closed the car door.

"He's still not talking to you?"

"No and its just getting all worse." Yunho frustratingly held his face in his large hands.

Mingi strokes his shoulder, "You should talk things out with him."

"I'm trying to, but he always gives me his cold side and I find it hard to talk without having to throw all of my emotions on him. I just can't be that harsh to Gunho." he ran a hand through his hair, "He might just end up hating me."

"No he will never hate you. Don't think of it that way, I'm sure he's still unsure on how he will approach you and tell you about his feelings but give him some time atleast, he will come to you once he's ready." Mingi reassures him in a calm tone.

"Its been almost two weeks Mingi, if he doesn't say a word to me by his birthday then I don't know what I should do for him to stop ignoring me."

"If you want I could talk to him."

"No, that would only pressure him." he immediately disagrees, he knows how Gunho gets whenever other people confront him about issues that Yunho should be the one saying it to him. "I'll just wait or maybe by tomorrow I'll open it up to him."

"Okay, I just hope it doesn't go on for longer." Mingi says as he started the car before driving off, "By the way, there's something in the backseat, maybe it'll cheer you up a little."

Yunho glances at him and at the backseat while fastening his seatbelt, "Is it the gift you bought me at the store earlier?"

"Ofcourse it is." he smiles as Yunho turns to grab the bag from the passenger's seat, "I was supposed to give it to you earlier but I forgot and left in there in the backseat so I thought you might need it now to cheer you up."

The older placed it on his lap and gently opened it. His jaw hung open as he stares at what was inside. "Really? A crocheted spiderman figure and a spiderman lego keychain?" he looks at Mingi with his big round eyes.

Mingi nods in response, showing Yunho the same exact keychain that was hanging from his car keys. "I know how much you love spiderman so I got a few for you."

"If you weren't driving I would've kissed you right now."

The younger laughs in satisfaction, trying ti cover up his red face. "Do you like it?"

"Like it? I fucking love it-" Yunho suddenly yelps, feeling a sharp pain on his side. Somewhere inside his stomach to be specific.

"Are you okay?" he catches the slightest change in his expression.

"Yeah, just a small stomachache." he tried to shake off the weird thought by laughing.

"How long haven't you eaten for?"

A while now..

page 80