Exchanged Pain²

Jeong Yunho

"Lucky for him its not that serious, it can hurt for a while so I suggest to not do anything that can cause pressure or any discomfort in the injured hand. Just let it rest." Seonghwa says after analyzing Yunho's hand which was covered in bandages.

"And where did you exactly learn all this from?" Yunho says with an amused smile.

Mingi stood right beside him while he was sitting right ontop of his office desk. Seonghwa packed the first aid kit back to where it belonged.

"I was a nurse." he simply says.

"You were a what now?" Mingi blinked, thinking whether or not to believe him. Imagining Seonghwa as a nurse was a different story for him.

"A nurse, Mingi." Seonghwa repeats.

"Really?" Yunho stares at the older, "How old are you now?"

"Turning 29-"

"You're not that old." Mingi blurted out.

Seonghwa glared at him, "Its not that old, Mingi."

"There's no way you're almost in your thirties." Yunho says in disbelief.

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?"

Mingi snorted, "That's what I'm trying to tell you." he rubbed his nose.

"To be honest, you don't even look like your age." Yunho adds.

"Thanks." Seonghwa plainly says.

"By that, he means that you look older than your-"

"Mingi!" Yunho glares.

Just as Mingi was trying to reason him, the telephone rang. The person on the front counter downstairs was calling so Mingi hits answer and puts it on speakerphone, "Song Mingi, speaking."

"Hey boss, is Seonghwa with you? Someone's looking for him." the person on the other line says.

"Yes, I'll be down in five-" Seonghwa says but another familiar voice cut him off from the telephone.

"Don't take too long!" said the voice and with that, the other person hung up on the call.

"Hongjoong?" Yunho looks up at Seonghwa who just pinched his nosebridge.

"Yeah.."

"What is he doing here?" Mingi asks.

"We had a small argument this morning and I believe he's here to apologize. I calmed down from it half an hour ago and I decided to buy him some flowers as an apology- thats why I carried that with me when I came here, and yeah.." Seonghwa explains, feeling slightly ashamed and scratched the back of his neck.

Yunho giggles at the wholesome situation, "Then better give it to him." Seonghwa takes a deep breath before grabbing the boquet of flowers and exits the office.

"Can you walk?" Mingi asks, watching Yunho get off the table.

"My hand is injured Mingi, not my legs." the older says amused.

"Right.." his lips pressed to a thin line, "Are you alright?"

"Ofcourse, although it was also my fault-"

Mingi immediately lifted Yunho's legs before making him sit on his desk. Hands on his thighs as Yunho's hands found themselves resting on the table, "Didn't I tell you to not blame yourself in these kinds of situations?"

The time Mingi told him that, they were still dating in High School. Something Yunho couldn't forget but kept doing the opposite of what Mingi wanted, "But it was also my fault."

He could feel Mingi squeeze his thigh tightly, not pleased with his response. "Its not your fault."

"Mingi, I was the one who dropped the cup."

"And Matt was the one who caused that injury on your hand. Stop arguing because its no use, even Seonghwa says so. Its not your fault." Mingi points out. Yunho almost cries at how considered Mingi was. It was warming his heart way too much.

"I'm sorry.."

Mingi smiles in awe and cups his face with one hand, "Please don't be."

Yunho pulls him close by wrapping his arms around his neck. Trying his best not to sob in his embrace. The younger just strokes his lower back to comfort him. They stayed like that for a while, without anyone bothering them. Matt wasn't going to bother them anymore.

When they got out of the elevator on the main floor, they were surprised to see Hongjoong and Seonghwa holding flower boquets while smiling brightly. The sight of the couple also made them smile for some reason.

The way Hongjoong kisses Seonghwa's cheeks with love made it obvious how inlove he was with him.

"They're cute together, don't you think?" Yunho smiles at Mingi.

Suddenly a bright flash triggered everyones eyes only to see the same photographer that took their photo pointing directly at Hongjoong and Seonghwa.

"They sure are."

page 44