Thunder Nights⁸

Jeong Yunho

The day finally came to an end. Seonghwa got the rest of the paper works for him after his interview and helped him throughout the entire shift. Yunho also had hidden the lunch Mingi gave him earlier that day inside the random bookshelf that was in the corner of the room.

"Do you need a ride home?" Yunho asks Seonghwa as they both stepped out of the building. The sun had just set which set a beautiful pink and purple sky.

"No thank you. My fiancé's picking me up." he politely denied the kind offer.

It surprised Yunho, "I didn't knew you were engaged." it was true, Yunho didn't see a ring on his finger. Or anything that could hint that he was taken, he actually thought he was single. Not that he was attracted to Seonghwa or anything.

"I actually forgot to wear the ring this morning since I left it in our kitchen before I came to work."

Yunho took out his car keys, holding them between his knuckles as he listened to Seonghwa's words.

"I like to keep it private. You're the first to know, though." he smiles.

"You didn't have to tell me if you wanted to keep it private." Yunho says, thinking he made him accidentally mention his love life which wasn't his intention.

Seonghwa swung the strap of his leather bag over his shoulder, "Guess you're an exception."

"But still." Yunho's lips pressed into a thin line.

The other just shook his head, "Don't worry about it. Let's just keep it between us." Yunho nodded in assurance, telling the older that he had his words.

Just then a black car happened to park infront of the entance, honking loudly. Seonghwa shook his head in amusement, "Thats my ride, I'll see you tomorrow again."

Both of them waved good bye to each other, the taller watching Seonghwa step inside the seat beside the drivers seat. Soon driving off, leaving Yunho standing all alone at the entrance.

With a small smile, he walked to his parked car. Got in to start the engine and waste no time to drive home safely. His head not feeling heavy with thoughts like most days, for the first time in a while he actually felt a little relaxed.

Almost forgetting about the bills that were already past due date.

~~~~~

"So how was your first day at your new job?" Gunho curiously asks, walking inside the small kitchen where Yunho was heating up the lunch Mingi had given him.

"Plenty of writing." the older chuckles. Once the food was ready, he moved everything into a large plate before serving it to Gunho who was now sitting at the table.

Gunho chuckled but it quickly fade away when he saw him walking to the sink, washing the tools he used. "Aren't you going to eat?"

"I already ate at the office." Yunho replies calmly.

"Are you sure? We could share-"

"No its alright. Just eat it." he glanced over his shoulder, giving the younger an assuring smile. While Gunho sat alone, playing with the knife on his plate full of chicken alfredo which was Yunho's favorite.

Silenced followed right after.

"How is Minji doing?" Yunho asks as he started rinsing the soap off the dishes.

Gunho almost scratched the fork on his plate. Now remembering what he was forgot to say to him a few days ago. "She's alright.."

The taller chuckles, "Why do you sound so pressed? Did you guys fight?"

Yunho's question about their relationship warmed his heart. Although he was dating his brother's ex, he still made sure she's feeling welcomed and appreciated by Yunho. It makes him an idiot for lying to him just so Mingi could get back with him.

"No.." the younger played with his food using his fork.

"Then whats bothering you?"

"Nothing.. Its just her parents want me to come over this week for dinner and they want you to come with me.."

Yunho almost broke the plate he was holding, his heart raced. Just imagining stepping foot inside that unwelcoming home was giving him the chills. "Why me though? I mean its your girlfirend's parents you're meeting, not mine.." he tried to sound less bothered.

Gunho saw it coming, "I know but they said I should bring a family member.. and well you're the only family member I got.." he awkwardly says.

A sudden rumble of thunder scared the both of them. Outside the open window was sky flash of lighting along with soft tapping of the rain which sticked to the window.

Yunho dried his hands quickly before walking towards it. Closing it just in time as the rain started to pour hard. He looks at the younger, "When are you supposed to meet them?"

Gunho's expression lit up, "On sunday. Are you coming with me?"

"Yeah, I also don't want you to go home by yourself afterwards. So I'll come along with you."

"Are you sure? I mean, for sure Mingi's going to be there and I don't want you to be uncomfortable just so you could accompany me." he stood up from his chair.

Yunho shook his head in assurance, "Don't worry about me.. You know I'll do anything for you."

Gunho looked up even more to his brother. How he chose to come along with him eventhough it means for him to see his ex again. Gunho was just so grateful for having a big brother like Yunho, the way he would risk anything just to give him what he wanted even if it bothers him.

"I don't deserve you." he wrapped his arms around Yunho's torso, hugging him tightly. The taller smiles, tapping his shoulders lightly. "Thank you so much, you don't know how much this means to me.."

"You grew up so fast.." he mumbles.

page 20