Core Memory³

Jeong Yunho

He agreed.

Yunho left Mingi's office so he could give the other some time to fix his desk while Yunho went down ahead to lock his office.

On his way out the elevator, he sees Matt carrying folders in his hands as he walked down the corridor. He stared at Yunho before saying, "How are the paper work's going?" he asks with an innocent but annoying smile.

"You're a jerk." Yunho sternly replied.

They walked past each other and Matt was holding the urge to bump his shoulder against the tallers. So instead he side eyed the other until they were out of each other's sight.

As Yunho reached office, he entered to grab his wallet from his bag which was hung up behind the door. His hands reached for something inside of it, a piece of brown envelope.

Mingi was already waiting outside for him while Yunho was still locking the door of his office. The younger was scrolling through his phone as he waits for the other to arrive.

Yunho started walking to a different direction. Searching for someone specific at the employee's area. When he finally sees the person, they make eye contact before waving their hands in the air.

"Yejin!" he smiles, watching her approach him within a second.

"Hey how are you doing?" she smiled back, now standing infront of him.

"I'm sorry if it looks like I've been avoiding you but just to let you know I wasn't- I just got busy and-"

"Oh its fine, I've been quite busy too. So what brings you here?" she assured him with a playful eye roll.

He gives her the envelope, "I just came by to give you this, do you mind giving it to San later when your shift ends? I owe him a good one."

Yejin chuckles, "Ofcourse not, I'll give it to him."

"Thank you so much- I gotta now sadly, I'll catch you later!"

"See you around!"

It took him a few minutes before Mingi sees Yunho sprinting his way out the building. He secured his phone back in his pocket, a small smile on his face because he got lucky enough to get Yunho to come with him to one of his favorite cafés.

"Sorry for the wait." he apologizes.

"Nothing to be sorry about. The café's just around the corner, you don't mind walking there do you?" Mingi asks, hoping he wouldn't mind since driving there would be nonsense if you could just walk for three minutes to get there.

"No ofcourse not."

A smile of relief found itself on Mingi's lips. "Alright then."

The both of them started walking, Yunho was following the younger's lead because he had no idea where this nearby café was.

When they arrived, Yunho was looking around the place. Everything looked so cozy it almost reminded him of the old coffee shop he used to work at.

Only that the vibe of this place has caught his attention. He finds it more comforting here than one down road.

"One cappuccino and two orange pies." Mingi says at the front counter, pulling out his wallet from his pockets.

"And for the other gentleman?" the barista asked, gesturing towards Yunho.

Yunho was still choosing from the menu, searching for something he usually orders and he found it, "One caramel-"

"One caramel latte and two cinnamon rolls." Mingi takes out his card, handing it over to the barista.

Yunho hid his visible blush, he still remembers my order.

"Will that be all?" he asked, specifically asking Yunho incase the other was forcing him to eat what he didn't order himself but Mingi exactly knew what he was going to get.

"Yes." he almost stuttered.

"Great, your order will be ready in the next couple of minutes. Feel free to choose your seats and we'll have it served to your table." the barista smiles after going through Mingi's card and handing him it back.

And ofcourse Mingi found just the perfect place to sit, one of Yunho's favorite spots. The ones in the corner with a window.

They sat across each other, what seems like a comforting silence came over them. None of them spoke but it wasn't awkward, Yunho was staring outside the window with his chin resting in his palms and Mingi secretly taking random glances at him.

Yunho so looks pretty in his grey cardigan. Mingi thought to himself.

Without even realizing it their orders have arrived at the table and Yunho's mouth started watering, staring at the delicious looking pastries.

He first took a large sip from his latte and Mingi found his drinking state amusing that he instantly pulled out his phone and snapped a picture of Yunho drinking his latte while looking at him.

Yunho let out a small giggle, "Mingi~" he sung the others name.

Mingi's urge to put this picture as his wallpaper was over the roof but he had to control himself. "By the way are you free tomorrow?"

"I actually am, why do you ask?"

"Would you go on an amusement park date with me tomorrow?"

page 30