Autumn Rain⁸

Jeong Yunho

Earlier..

"Why are you calling me? Aren't you supposed to be in class right now?" Yunho answered the call from his brother.

"I missed the bus.." Gunho says on the other line.

Yunho had their call on speaker as he wore his socks and grabbing for his black converse shoes.

He checked the time, "Do you realize that you're 34 minutes late?"

"I know I know, it says the next earliest bus will arrive in an hour. I have an exam at that time."

"Okay Okay. I'm trying to get to you as soon as possible."

"Thanks, please take care." Gunho hung up.

Now it was only Yunho tying his shoelaces before snatching his coat from the hanger and grab his car keys.

Running out the apartment's building to the car.

Present

Yunho let out a frustrated groan.

First, his brother is late for his exam. Second, his manager will for sure cut his salary. And third, Mingi witnessed him getting scolded.

This day couldn't get any better.  He thought to himself.

He changed into his working clothes before getting to work, as if nothing happened. Without even getting to process what happened next, he found himself serving Mingi's table.

His eyes stared at Mingi for a second before landing them on his sister who was peacefully on her phone

Mingi was just looking out the window until he saw Yunho's reflection on the glass. Turning his head around so fast you'd think he whiplashed himself.

Yunho couldn't care less. He calmly placed their order on the table, avoiding any eye contact with Mingi.

"Thank you." Minji says making Yunho smile and forget about what happened for a moment.

He smiled back at her, "Enjoy your morning."

Mingi watched how he turned his back against them before walking back to serve other costumers.

Although Yunho was smiling, he knew how he was everytime someone shouts or scolds him.

He can feel how embarrassed Yunho was.

It was something he always hid during their relationship. He doesn't like to show that he was ashamed of something that happened to him.

He doesn't want to people around him to think that he's weak when it comes to small things.

But it was always a big thing for him.

"Why are you so quiet?" high school Mingi asked his boyfriend who was oddly silent, drinking his juice.

Yunho glanced at him, "What do you mean?"

"You don't feel like yourself today."

"..."

"Yunho?"

"Yeah?"

Mingi scooted closer to the male, "Did something happen?"

"No?"

"Are you okay?"

"Ofcourse, why wouldn't I be?" Yunho assured the other with a smile, which didn't look convincing to Mingi.