Core Memory¹²

Jeong Gunho

It was another normal day at school. He was grabbing his books for his Mathematics class, Minji didn't seem to meet him at the entrance which he found strange because he would always go with her to all of their classes.

He also wannted to thank her since he had a great time yesterday and how Yunho seemed alot more happier.

As he was locking his locker, an unfamiliar female with brown short hair tapped his shoulder lightly. Gunho turns around in response.

"Hi.." she shyly said. She was shorter than him, wearing pretty hair pins, braided hair and clutching her books to her chest. "I'm new here and I don't know where my class is, do you mind if you could help me get there?"

"Uhm, sure.." he shrugged lightly, "Let me see your schedule."

She showed him the schedule.

"Ah we are in the same Math class- I was just about to walk there-" Gunho tightly gripped on his books.

"Could you walk me there?"

Gunho scratched his nape, "I'm still waiting for someone. You could go ahead, its right around the corner- the first room on your left." he gave her the direction, but something in her expression changed.

Just then, Minji happened to finally arrive. She sees the unfamiliar girl standing infront of him, it made her furrow her eyebrows.

"She's here." Gunho smiles widely.

"Oh well, thank you." she smiled but it didn't reach her eyes.

He watched her walk around the corner at the given direction. Recalling the look on her face, she seemed somewhat unsatisfied.

"Who was that?" Minji asks sternly, standing right infront of Gunho who shrugged his shoulder at her.

"Some new girl, didn't catch her name though and I don't really care." he replies calmly. He didn't think much of what happened but for Minji she didn't seem to let it slide.

"What did she want?" she opened her locker next to his, taking out her books in a more quick pace.

"Directions to her Math class."

She suddenly slammed her locker shut, it caught Gunho off guard. Thinking they'd be spending a whole hour with that new girl that she hasn't even met yet.

"What was that for?" he asks in a concerned voice.

"Let's just go to class."

When they arrived, most students weren't even there yet. They had to wait another few minutes before everyone came and the teacher entering with the same boring expression.

They sat beside each other, Gunho scribbling down in his notebook while Minji played some music through her headset. Only stopped when they were told to.

"Morning class, before we start going through our new lesson, we have a new student in our class to introduce." the teacher says, fixing himself.

The same girl who stopped by Gunho stood up from the first row and turned around to face the class. A small smile plastered on her lips which annoyed the shit out of Minji.

She sat back in her seat, arms crossed over her chest as she eyes the girl from head to toe. Her guts having a bad feeling about the new girl.

"Hi, I'm Tina. Its nice to be in the same class as you guys." her eyes shifted from everyone to Gunho at the last part of her sentence.

It made Minji sick.

"Please remain standing, we might have a little change of the seating arrangement." the teacher announced.

As he was calling other student's names one affter another and pointing them to their new seats. Luckily for the couple, they didn't get seperated. Or she thought so.

"And lastly, Minji you switch seats with Tina."

"What?" Gunho says out loud.

"Do you have a problem with that Gunho?" the teacher asks, brows pinched in the middle.

"But I've always sat beside Gunho." Minji tried to reason. Ofcourse she wasn't going to give her seat to some new girl and the Gunho won't let someone else take her place.

"It will only be for this class, you guys can sit together in other subjects." the teacher tried to make a solution for the small disagreement.

"This is the only class we have together." Gunho sternly replied.

"I'm sorry but you have to follow my order in this class, besides the seat doesn't even belong-"

"I can pay you any amount of money just to stay here." Minji calmly says as if money was nothing to her. Gunho couldn't blame her, she is definitely the silver spoon in this school.

Gunho softly squeezes her arm underneath the table, "Never bring up money just to-"

"-I am not giving my seat up, and that's final." she cuts him off, growing a little more furious.

"Detention! The both of you, now!"

page 39