Chapter 5: Sympathy For The Devil

Scott POV 

Oh shit oh shit oh fucking shit. Why did he of all the possible times have to show up now and of all the possible places. 

SHITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

"And you are?" Asked Damon in the most condescending voice known to man, but then again wasn't that Damon's usual tone. I stood up and you could see the tension in my body as I glared upon our unexpected and unwanted visitor. 

"Who me? I'm just an old friend of Scott's here. I believe we joined alliances once let me think, oh yes to save his mother the sheriff and Christopher over here" Said the demon wolf with a smirk on his face. "My names Deucalion" he said and I heard Malia growl, we filled her in on the supernatural happenings since everything went to shit. 

"What do you want?" I asked Deuc. He turned his head to look at me and his smirk vanished and instead turned into a wistful smile. 

"All I'm here for us to congratulate you on turning... I mean taking an apprentice under your wing" he said and motioned to Liam who visibly tended and I could see Allison had her hand on the knife that was tucked into the back of her jeans. "Also a word of warning to you all" he said this looking at Derek who had moved to stand behind me with his arms crossed over his chest. His face wasn't in anyone's (from Mystic Falls) lone of sight so he flashed his eyes in warning to the alpha. "Kate Argent is hoping for a little family reunion". 

We all tended as we heard his words and Derek started pacing whilst Deucalion stood with a grim look on his face. "Where have I heard that name before?" Asked Tyler, Derek and Lydia's cousin. As he finished speaking Derek in his anger flipped one of the tables and it's contents went everywhere. 

At this point I knew since Derek was in an emotional turmoil right now he risked exposing us all. "Derek, go take a walk. Lydia go with" I told them but Derek ran out leaving Lydia behind so Malia chased after him since she was more likely to keep up. "Thank for the warning Deuc, you find anything out or need help call one of us" I told him and he nodded before turning to take his leave through the still open door. Before he past the fresh hold though he turned around. 

"I'd advise you to speak to the Calaveras, Argent, they may know something. Also make sure to reach out if you need help Scott, I'll make sure to send Stiles anything I find out" he said before finally leaving the house. We were tense and those who didn't know of the supernatural were looking confused at the the scene that just played before them. 

"Who's Kate Argent?" Asked Bonnie who looked at us all in concern. 

"My crazy psychotic aunt that killed pretty much all the Hale family except 4 of them" said Allison before she also left the house with tears pouring down her face. Lydia went to leave but Chris motioned for her to sit and he left to go talk to his daughter. Allison felt guilty for what Kate did to the Hales even if it wasn't her because she nearly let herself become the same after Gerard's manipulation and then the guilt of the nogitsune it would be tearing her up from the inside out. 

"Scott I need to leave" Said Lydia in a quiet voice which she usually used when he banshee powers made the voices in her head shout even if nobody was dying. "It's getting worse" she said in a voice that was practically a whimper. 

"What do you feel Lyds?" I asked her turning my body to face the girl. She had a pleading look on her face before it turned to a blank stare, the one she wore when she was predicting death. 

"Like I'm standing in the middle of a massacre" she said. I was about to tell her to take Dereks car to the Lockwood mansion away from here when the door (when did it close) burst open. 

"Consider me hurt I thought we were friends, where was my invit to this little get together?" 

————————————

Derek POV 

After running full speed for 10 minutes straight I ended up in the middle of the woods and I'd managed to get Malia off my trail even though I think her inner coyote come forth when we passed a deer drinking from a pond. I sat down running my hands through my hair. 

Why did she have to be back? Why couldn't Peter have just ripped her head off? Why did she have to kill my family? 

These thoughts swirled my head until I heard a branch snap and the whole forest went quiet, a predator was near. Standing I knew it wasn't Malia since she would have made a commotion by now so it was someone else. Hearing loud footsteps running in a circle surrounding me I tried to follow where they were but whatever it was was moving too quickly for my eyes to keep track. 

Out of nowhere I was tackled to the ground and blonde hair covered my vision. "Well well Derek it's been a while" Said the voice that haunted me, that I hated with a passion. 

"Kate" I spat out and pushed the women off of me shifting so my claws grew, fangs popped out, facial hair got longer and my eyebrows disappeared (and I thought werewolves were suppose to get hairier). 

She laughed and the loud footsteps that were circling us got louder until 2 berserkers cane into view. And now I knew I was screwed. I looked at the berserkers and then back at Kate only to see her with a shot gun pointed at me. 

"Time to say night night Derek" and she pulled the trigger and everything went black.