Chapter 9: How We Do It

Lydia POV 

Waking up I opened my eyes and saw a blinding light. But then Scott's head cane into view. "Hey you okay you were out for quite awhile?" He asked whilst he helped me sit up. He handed me a glass of water and I took small sips to ease my raw throat, did I scream? 

"Urhhh yeah I'm good, what happened? Did I scream?" I asked and Scott looked like the confused puppy he was shaking his head. 

"No you just picked up your phone said hello and passed out. What happened? what did you hear?" He asked and thought back to what I'd heard. 

"Nothing important" I replied and Scott looked at me sceptically but before he could comment his phone rang showing Kira's contact. He moved just outside the living room we were in and I followed but walked further into the house, it had been too long since I'd been here. I ended up walking into Richard Lockwoods office. I looked around the room which had a slightly old fashioned look to it but not nearly as much as the boarding house. I spotted a liquor cabinet which would hopefully come into use but everything else seemed very office like. 

Sitting in the chair behind the desk I looked at the papers atop of it. Sketches. They must belong to Tyler. 

I saw wolves and werewolves, vampires and victims. Someone who looked like Elena but with the features of a vampire, Katerina Petrova. I also saw Mason Lockwood among the pile, a hole in his chest and tear stains in the page like Tyler cried whilst drawing this. 

"Hey Lydia Scott said you were here, why aren't you checking out town with the others?" Asked Tyler walking into his dead fathers office. I looked at him and I saw his face go shocked when he saw what I was looking at. "You shouldn't be looking at those" Said Tyler even though he knew I knew about the supernatural. 

"Why it's not like I don't know about all this stuff" I answered and I could tell this just frustrated him even more. "Besides we came here to help you, let Ally kill a few vampires if necessary, just get away from the memories" I told him before standing and walking past him out of the office and outside where I sat on the back porch. 

Tyler came outside and sat next to me, I could tell he wanted to say something but before he could a howl sounded out, a pained one of a certain coyote. I stood taking my heels off and ran into the woods. I heard Tyler trying to shout me back but I ignored him in favour of getting to Malia, why is it when she isn't with Stiles she's always getting hurt? 

I ran for a good five minutes until Scott caught up to me since he started walking into town when Malia howled. He ran ahead of me and I jumped onto his back. I knew Tyler would already be wherever they were if he decided to go at all or keep being Klaus' bitch. 

"Stop!!" Scott shouted running into the clearing. Malia was down in the ground with a wound in her side and shoulder, Liam stood protectively over her and Allison and her dad just off to the side with their own weapons drawn. I jumped from Scott's back and using to momentary distraction of what I'm guessing is the council I screamed thrusting my hands forward so the 'hunters' went flying backwards. 

"And that's how it's done"

———————————————

Damon POV 

We were all yet again arguing about the fact that Tyler's cousins know about the majority of us being vampires. It was getting old we just kill them I mean they're obviously something so it's one less problem on our hands. "I vote we kill them, I'll even kill them myself so you all don't feel guilty I mean what Tyler doesn't know what hurt him right?" I Said but judging by the glares they didn't agree. 

"Look we just have to talk to them about what they know, Scott seemed clueless about what you guys were so I'm guessing it's just Lydia who's going to cause trouble, maybe we could make some allies to help with Klaus" argues Elena and he's point but the more the bitch know the more I don't like her. 

Before anyone else could saying anything the fucking loudest scream in all of fucking mankind burst mine and every other vampires eardrums. Falling to the floor in pain I cursed whatever the hell is making that sound, god why is the world so complicated why can't it just stick to vampires werewolves and witches actually not werewolves their a pain in the ass. 

"What the hell was that?" Asked Ric when the scream stopped. "Was it like the Gilbert device again?" 

"Yeah no it was a motherfucking scream I swear whatever that was I'm gonna tear it's heart out and shove it up it's ass" I said rubbing my ears, god could that have been any louder. I was about to complain some more when my phone rang, Liz oh joy. "Liz what can I do for you?" I asked. 

"We have a few things we need taking care of, rogue werewolves but not like I've ever seen Damon they shifted" she said and hold the fuck up. 

"It's not a full moon, how could they shift and did they have a screamer with them?" I asked walking out side. I got into the car Ric getting into the passenger side and I'm guessing everyone stayed to theorise over what it was that screamed and solve our Tyler's cousin's problem. 

"I know but they weren't wolves just like stuck halfway. And yeah they did and god that girls get some lungs her scream sent the council flying, we were out training ourselves to kill vampires in case some nonfriendly ones came and they also have some hunters with them" and you've got to be kidding me. Werewolves are a pain in the ass but werewolves with connections are so much worse. 

"Recognise any of them?" And god I hoped she did cause I'm in the mood to kill something. 

"Yeah, Lydia Martin and Scott McCall Elena and Tyler's cousins" 

A/N shit chapter so sorry about that. Love to know what you guys think should happen next and I appreciate everyone who votes and comments on this book it's nice to know people actually enjoy your work.