Chapter 25: Pretty

Kol POV

I was just about to walk out of the house to go pick Lydia up when I saw Elijah walking into the hallway. He opened his mouth to speak but I beat him too it.

"I'm not nervous why would you think that? If anything your nervous" I said trying act casual but then that went to shit so I just stood awkwardly my lips in a thin line. Elijah just laughed and patted my shoulder as he walked by, obviously deciding to not give any encouragement. Why would I need encouragement I'm Kol Mikaelson I've been on dates before, well they were usually to seduce someone before I killed them but that's not the point. 

I was driving in my car towards the Lockwood house where Lydia was staying until she went back to Beacon Hills and my hands were sweating, I wasn't warm why the fuck were they sweating?!! Unfortunately I never figured out that mystery of the world as I pulled up to the Lockwood estate. I sighed trying to expel my nerves as I grabbed the bouquet of white roses and pink lilies, god I should ha e asked someone for help does she even like these flowers?!! 

I rang the doorbell and thankfully I didn't have to wait long. Actually on second thought I wish I did. "Hello Kol" smirked Eli evilly, purely evil like the devil. God he'd be worse than Silas if he was ever awoken. "Why don't we have a little chat?" He asked stepping outside and I nodded gulping, our earlier conversation still fresh in my mind. "Good choice of flowers by the way. Now ground rules Kol, firstly don't be a major asshole okay Lydia doesn't deserve that you need to try Chanel that deeply buried inner-Elijah okay? Now secondly ha e her home by 11 cause the girls will want gossip, don't push her into anything and if she seems uncomfortable with a topic of discussion change it and fast, understand?" He said and he really did look out for her like he use to do with Rebekah all those years ago before he was pushed over the edge of insanity that I'm glad has been rained in. 

"I understand completely Eli, you ha e my word I'll do anything to protect her" I told him and he smiled happy. He clapped my shoulder and opened the door walking inside and stepping to the side to reveal Lydia, the object of my affection, looking more gorgeous than usual, if that was possible. "Lydia.." I just said, well more like gasps in awe. 

She smiled walking out of the house and I held out the flowers for her to take unable to keep my eyes off of her. She smiled thanking me for the flowers and I feel like a short circuited computer I couldn't think coherently. After giving Eli the flowers to put into some water, who as he closed the door made sure to send me one last glare, I held out my arm for her to take. 

"Shall we Miss. Martin?" I asked her and she giggled putting her hand in the crook of my elbow. 

"We shall Mr. Mikaelson" she said with a fake posh accent and we both laughed before going down the stairs towards my car. 

————————————-

Damon POV 

"Everyone ready?" I asked them as we finished getting ready to kill Lydia. I made sure to hide the stake in the back of my trousers, no one could know I had this stake. Everyone nodded and we all headed for the door. Except a howl, more like a roar, stopped us in our tracks. "Please tell me it's not a full moon?" I asked hopefully and I saw Ric's confused face. 

"It's not" he said and we all looked confused but brushed it off as we headed for the door. I reached it first and opened it only to be stopped in my tracks. 

"Hello Damon" said James or Stiles or whatever the hell he was called. He had a blank look on his face which spoke trouble as I stood staring right back with my own stoney expression. 

"We were just going to get a bite to eat at the Grill, want to join us?" I Said without my usual sarcasm, you had to be careful dealing with James he was very temperamental. 

"No I think I'd like to come inside, I suggest all of you do the same" he said and I waved my hand for everyone to do as he said and I went to close the door but a hand stopped me. "Oh allow my friends to join us, I insist" he said and I opened the door wider again and allowed the wolves to enter. Scott, Malia, Derek, Peter and Argent all walked inside. 

"So what brings you here?" I asked as everyone sat in tense silence as James helped himself to the bourbon. He smirked putting his glass down and keeping the empty bottle in his hand. 

"Well I've heard you were going to hurt someone very important to me. You see Damon I don't like that you know why because before Scott and the new life I created for myself I was very much insane like off the wagon hit my head hard insane. But now I'm not as bad so I won't allow you to hurt someone so fundamentally important I helping me regain some form of humanity" he said with a blank face before he smirked at the end. 

He raised the bottle looking at it before he shrugged and threw it at me. It shattered on my four head and shards of glass got embedded into the flesh as I fell to the floor groaning in pain. Stefan attacked but got intercepted by Malia who snarled as she slashed with her claws. Bonnie started chanting and Peter fell down holding his head. Ric started fighting Argent and Matt and Elena tried to fend off Derek and Scott leaving James to me. 

He zapped forward. His hand around my throat as he pinned me to the wall behind me, his hand entering my chest cavity his fingers wrapping around my heart. "You were going to cause me pain, so now I'm going to cause you pain" he said and he squeezed my heart and I cried out at the sharp intense pain. 

"Yeah not for long asshole" I said before I pulled out a stake and plunged it into his chest. 

A white oak stake.