Chapter 28: No Roots

Caroline POV 

I woke up and looked at the clock that was conveniently well placed in the McCall packs room at the Lockwood house. It was Saturday and I was due to meet Elena and everyone for lunch to talk about something or other, probably about Damon being dead and taking revenge blah blah blah. And when I looked at the clock it said I had 30 minutes to get ready and show my face at the Grill. 

Shit. 

"Oh shit!! I'm gonna be late can't be late.." I trailed off as I got to the top of the stairs after a mad dash. I saw Scott, Liam, Derek and Argent taking bags out to a car. Their leaving, nooooo. "You guys are leaving you can't leave, please I can't deal with the loss or the separation or dealing with everyone post Damon death, please don't go" I whined teaching the bottom of the stairs slowly and accepting the hug Lydia offered with open arms. "Think of the Martin-Forbes parties" I whined hoping that would sway her to stay, it didn't. 

"We can't we have to get back and make sure no assholes try kill everyone in Beacon Hills" replies Lydia to my whining and I slumped further into her hug. Until an idea struck that would be recognised among gods as brilliant, okay maybe I'm exaggerating but I really am brilliant. 

"Oh my god I should move to Beacon Hills with you guys!!" I shouted and everyone looked shocked. "Don't look so happy or enthusiastic or anything no big deal" I Said and they all cheered over the top and Liam come inside looking confused but cheered anyway, that's the spirit Liam. 

"We will go talk to Liz, everyone else finish packing and Jeremy is due in an hour so we will try be back as close to then as possible" Said Lydia as I dragged her out of the mansion. "Okay I'll talk to my mom on the way to yours and I'll see if you can stay with us and if not Derek won't have a choice but to let you stay at the loft until the Hale house is finished being rebuilt" Said Lydia and I nodded as I started driving my car to my house, but maybe not for long cause I'm finally getting out of Mystic blah. Don't get me wrong I love this town but the only time anything remotely interesting happens is in the season of Founders Balls or pageants or whatever and I plan everything so nothing is as exciting anymore because I know everything that's going to happen and it's usualy perfect like no funny mishaps what so ever. 

"Okay, Mom said she won't let you stay anywhere but our house so the spare room is now renamed to Caroline's room. Now we just need to convince your mom transfer you to BHHS and get clothes and furniture and anything you might need, oooh a mini fridge for your blood bags is a must" she said and I nodded in agreement. We wouldn't want Mrs. Martin finding out I'm a vampire now would we. "I can ask Melissa if she can get you blood bags to drink from, she's a nurse but she practically runs the hospital" she said and I smiled at her. God I was so excited everything seemed like it would smooth-ish in Beacon Hills bar supernatural events. 

"Okay it's now or never" I said as I pulled up to my home. Thankfully my mom was at home. We walked into the house and I saw my mom drinking coffee in the kitchen. "Hey mooom So I was thinking iwanttomovetoBeaconHillscaudeithinkitwouldbebetterforme and yeah can I please?" I asked in a quick ramble. I barely understood what I said I hope she could. 

"Promise you'll behave?" She asked and I nodded. "Where would you stay?" 

"At my house, mom already agreed" Said Lydia. 

"Okay fine just get away from Mystic Falls drama, I'd prefer to have to skype than visit a grave. Now go pack your bags and stuff" she said and I nodded turning around to do as she said but turned back around and hugged her quickly but it felt meaningful, you know. 

"Thanks Mom" I Said and she nodded and me and Lydia went to pack. 

-TIMESKIP- 

"Everyone remember to repack their toothbrushes?" Everyone nodded. "Everyone remember their tampons?" Said Lydia and the girls nodded but Scott and Liam being the idiot they are nodded as well which made us all chuckle slightly. "Now, where is Stiles?" Asked Lydia to everyone but nobody apparently knew. Except Scott, typical. 

"He went to see his family, he said he'd be back so he'll be here any minute" he said and we all nodded just as a car horn sounded outside. Naturally we all went to check it out. All the originals stood around an SUV and a sports car that I remember seeing Kol drive last night. 

"What is this? The goodbye parade or something" asked Lydia, she must be pissed off that Stiles was late. 

"Well darling this is the 'guess who else is moving to Beacon whatever to be with their brother where one also has other intentions that shall not be as of yet named' parade" Said Kol with sarcasm. 

"Your moving to Beacon Hills with us?" Asked Lydia and they all nodded. "I expect lots of champagne and dates in that case Mikaelson" Said Lydia and Kol smiled, oh my god Lydia made Kol Mikaelson go soft. 

"That can be arranged" he said and Lydia smirked, a mischievous joking glint in her eye. 

"Oh I meant Rebekah not you, Rebekah is the love of my life" she said and we laughed. 

"And your shoes are mine"