Chapter 16: Bartholomew

Kol POV 

"WHY IN THE BLOODY HELL DIDNT YOU TELL US SOONER?!!!!!" Raged Klaus as he was pacing infront of the fire place. It was about 5am on Wednesday and I'd only just stopped drinking to come home and tell my family we were all most likely going to die. 

"BECAUSE NIK, THIS ISNT MIKAEL. THIS IS ELI WE'RE TALKING ABOUT WE NEED TO GO BY HIS RULES THIS IS HIS GAME WE'RE PLAYING" I screamed back at my brother, tired of his attitude. He's acting like there is a point in trying to fight back. All we have to do is play the game by his rules. 

"KOL WE DONT KNOW THE RULES THATS THE PROBLEM SO WE NEED TO RUN OR WE'LL DIE" Rebekah Shouted back in an hysterical voice. It was true, I had to admit. Even after 7 century's of playing Eli's we've never managed to figure out the rules, only encountering him a handful of times and all ended up with one or more of us with white oak in our chests but somehow he always got it back in his hands. 

"Or we can trust him, he may be more psychotic than Kol but one thing I know about Eli is that he's not a lier" said Elijah who no matter what he does or what he's put us through he is always quick to defend our tormentor. It was the tragic thing about Elijah, he couldn't see past the relationship they once shared to see the monster he's become. 

"Elijah brother the Eli we once knew probably isn't the one he is now" said Finn calmly. It was true there is no denying it but it was possible that the darkness that consumed Eli was always there he just hid it well. 

"Either way what he demands we must see to it that he gets what he wants" declared Elijah before he left, most likely to go back to bed after I rudely awoke everyone when I came home about an hour ago. Everyone followed his lead but I however wasn't tired so I sat on the couch infront of the fire. It worried me the contents of the letter and what could possibly come out of it but it was too late, Elijah made his choice. Thinking of the letter I picked up the paper which was had tea stains for whatever reason which made it look older than it actually  was. I reread the letter again and sighed, why is this family always doomed for chaos? 

'Dear Kol, 

It has been a long time since we have spoken, since 1702 I believe just before Niklaus daggered you. I've decided it time for a reunion. It would be best that I meet Elijah first so we can rationally talk and not have a famous Mikaelson screaming match I know you all are so fond of. 

With that decided I'd like to meet Elijah at noon, Wednesday at the Mystic Grill. 

It's about time to finish this game. 

Sincerely, E.M.'

————————————-

Damon POV 

I woke up with a pain in my neck and in my head. Urghhh what the hell happened? I had pain in well everywhere but a burning in the back of my neck. It took a long time to open my eyes and even longer for everything to come into focus. I saw a blurry huge white building and due to the pretentious and extra agent design I deducted I was at the Mikaelson mansion, just great. 

I tried to move but I was pinned to the ground and when looking at my hands I saw stakes in my shoulder elbows and hands. Screaming in pain I tried to remove my hands from the wooden cross I was nailed to, what am I Jesus or something?!!

Apparently someone heard me and cane outside and judging by the maniacal laugh it was Kol, great it's the crazy one. As I continued to attempt to free myself I heard the muttering of others besides Mr. Fruitcake and guessed that the other originals had decided to come out to watch the show. 

"As entertaining as this is why are you staked to a cross infront of our house when we are trying to rest?" Asked Elijah, and being ever the noble man he helped slightly by pulling the stakes out of my elbows and god did it hurt like a bitch. 

"Well I'd love to answer that question but unforetunately I can't because A) I don't know and B) I don't know" I replied with a smirk in the direction I think Elijah was in, or was he slightly to the left I couldn't tell, stupid double vision. 

I managed to pull the stakes from my hands but unforetunately I couldn't get the ones out of my shoulders. I saw Elijah motion for Kol to help out and thankfully he did, I don't know if I should be thankful or not he's just gotten something that can further hurt me. When I fell down to the ground I ended up kneeling down cause yeah I have vervain in my shoes. 

"What's this?" I heard Kol mutter before he pulled something from my neck which stopped that particular burning sensation. I looked up whilst removing my shoes so I could get the vervain out of them and saw him unfold a small note with vervain attacked to the front. His eyes became dark and the veins appeared around his eyes, he must really be pissed off. 

"What does it say?" I asked since I figure I ha e the right to know since it was attacked to MY neck. 

"He's going after people we care about I say we just pack up and go or we're all dead" Said Kol handing the note to Rebekah who seemed distraught about whatever was said. 

"It says 'For the lovely Miss. Martin'" said Rebekah when it was silent for awhile and I was still awaiting an answer. It seemed like they were all tense like they knew who did this to me when I remembered something, oh that little shit is so dead!!!

"Well this has been fun now I have an old friend to go torture" I replied and stood to leave with thankfully no vervain on me, Well not that I know of anyway. I started walking away from the siblings and their house before a voice called out to me. 

"Don't do anything stupid Salvatore or else this town will be in shambles" Said Kol before he and his siblings walked inside. 

"Not ominous or anything" 

A/N thanks for all the comments and votes it amazes me how many people actually read this since it's nearly got 900 reads which is more than all my other works combined, so thank you all for that. I also have a new work check it out of you want it's called 'Gods Order' it's another TVD.