Chapter 8: I've Got No Strings

Kate POV 

Getting Derek to Mexico was the easy part. Now I had to make sure nobody messed up my plan, meaning Scott and his stupid pack of mutts. I swear to god I'm going to kill that stupid animal for what he's done to my family, we're Argents one of the hunting families and now look at us. 

Pacing the church I waited until Derek changed to the age he's suppose to be, the age he trusted me at. My three berserkers were stood statue still waiting for a command. Crickets made that irritating noise that they make (what even the hell is that noise?!!) and birds tweeted in the dimming light as the sun was setting. The pull of the moon was getting stronger but luckily it wasn't a full moon for awhile, otherwise I could easily kill Derek, at least that would be another one of them dead finishing what I started all those years ago. 

When the sun finally set everything went quiet, too quiet. There should be some sort of noise but it was still, like a predator was lurking in the shadows waiting to strike. Shifting so my features resembled that of a Jaguar I listened and waited until I found what I needed to attack and kill. 

"Show yourself!!! Don't hide like a coward!!" I was sick of the waiting, challenging whoever or whatever this thing was would show I wasn't afraid why should I be I'm a werejaguar and have three loyal berserkers I shouldn't be the one hiding. 

And yet everything was still quiet. The berserkers surrounded me as a protective barrier. But when noise finally broke the thick silence, it was like a horror film turned real. 

I've got no strings played out (but creepy version). 

————————————————

Unknown POV 

Everything was clouded. Like I was waiting for something but I don't know what. I could see better than I ever have but non of it made sense like my brain wasn't registering it. I heard everything a women shouting, what she shouted I don't know like something was blocking it from my ears. 

I felt a sort of pull like a command, an instinct and I followed it and suddenly I searching for something anything that's a threat. Maybe this instinct is some sort of compulsion and this women is a vampire but my instincts were screaming to protect her. 

I've just got to trust the instinct. 

——————————————-

Malia POV 

Why isn't she waking up? She should be awake it's been 2 hours. 

"Why isn't she waking up? It's been 2 hours is she dead?" I asked cause logical thinking people. Lydia passed out on the way to the Lockwood house which is apparently my cousins house or whatever. She answered her phone even though it never rang so I'm guessing this is her psychic-ness acting up. "Does it have to do with her being psychic?" 

"It takes time for her to wake up so she's not dead and she refuses to be called psychic cause she's not an actual psychic" Said Scott. So he's now in charge or whatever cause Lydia's out for the count, Stiles isn't here and nobody trusts Peter. We apparently need someone to be in charge cause the rest of us are morons, Well that's what Derek says but that's just Derek although Lydia did agree. I don't see why Allison isn't in charge. 

Looking around I saw that Allison or Chris (who actually now that I think about it would be the best option for temporary leader) were nowhere to be found. 

"Where Argent senior and junior?" I asked and Scott ah praise the lord finally saw his ex girlfriend wasn't here. "I'll go check the woods" and hopefully catch a deer. 

"Yeah Malia and Liam check the woods, Peter check the falls or whatever there called and Kira and Mason go check in town, I'll stay here and check the house whilst keeping an eye on Lydia" and with Scott's orders we went and checked where we were told. 

"So what happens if we find them?" Asked Liam, Scott's beta. Huh what do we do if we find Allison and Chris? 

"I don't know text everyone saying their okay and take them back to the house or convince them to take us to get some food or help me hunt a deer" I Said and Liam just nodded. He seemed paler maybe he was feeling sick, wonder why? 

I heard a snap and put my arm out to stop Liam from walking. I shushed him when he was about to talk and listened carefully. Nothing. Just as I was about to say to keep moving the unmistakable sound of a gun sounded throughout the woods, found them. 

Me and Liam shared a look before running in that direction. What we saw wasn't Allison and Chris. And we were shifted and the people saw us. 

And now we have guns pointed at us. 

Why is it always guns?

A/N rubbish chapter I know. Sorry for the delay I would have updated sooner but unforetunately I had no WiFi so I couldn't. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!!