Chapter 83: Peace

Elijah POV 

"Elijah?" Rebekah asked waking into my room. "You've been sat here for days were all worried about you" She said crouching by the chair I was sat in looking out of the window. "At least drink something please" she tried to beg but my mind wondered else where. 

-FLASHBACK-

"Eli" I shouted seeing the mess in the grand hall in some immemorable castle. "Why?" I asked exhausted. 

"I was bored" Eli said casually strolling into the hall. "The guests were boring me you honestly can't blame me and Kol for having a little fun can you?" He Said with a quirk of the lips. 

"Of course our younger brother helped you" I groaned. "Clean it up please"

"Yes yes but first what do you think of this?" He said pointing to a obnoxious portrait of Niklaus which had been vandalised using blood. "I think it's much better"

"It looks like he's wearing a dress and wig" I Said and he nodded. "Burn it before Niklaus sees please" 

-PRESENT-

"This isn't fair" Malia Shouted at me. "We all are suffering you can't shut down you bastard" she said and I turned to look at the angry coyote. "Hope needs us all, you need to accept what happened and move on" 

-FLASHBACK-

"Eli" I said seeing my brother stood by the falls. His long hair was tied back with a vine and plaited, most likely curtesy of Rebekah. "What has you so somber?" I asked walking to stand next to him. 

"I'm not somber" he argued looking forward still. Looking at his face he seemed almost serene. "I'm at peace"

"Your making it sound as though you've died" I Said with a slight laugh and Eli looked over at me amused also. "Come Kol thinks he can best Klaus in a fight"

"Klaus maybe more skilful but Kol, he's like a wily Fox" Eli mused and I looked at him. "Oh come on, he's not malicious but he's certainly a trickster"

"And yet he can never trick you" I mentioned and he grinned at me, like he knew something I did not. 

"You can't trick a trickster"

-PRESENT- 

"Elijah" I heard as Kol sat opposite me. I didn't pay any mind to him huh continued looking out the window. "Elijah please, we all miss him"

"You don't understand" I Said looking out the window still, not really paying it all that much attention. 

"You think that but I do" he told me. "You may have had some stupid magic twin connection but a part of me was born from Eli" he argued. At the mention of the nogitsune counterpart that my youngest brother had I looked at him. "It's time to honour him, not disappoint him Elijah"

"Alright" I said standing shakily after not having blood for a couple of weeks, nearly desiccated. 

"Good"

-TIMESKIP-

The ashes had been spread. All that remains of my brother were now laid out across our childhood home. We'd made the trip up to Mystic Falls. We all stood by the Falls watching at his ashes were carried away. 

"He's at peace" I Said breaking the defending silence of the small crowd gathered. My family and the pack was gathered, all had tears in their eyes. 

"We should go" Scott stated. "Eli always said funerals were for dead not the living"

"No shit" Kol Said from where he was crooked by the lake. He was holding the urn that once had our brothers she's in it. 

"You know what I mean" Scott Said solemnly. 

"I do" Rebekah said holding onto Klaus' arm. "Let's go for a drink, a good scotch"

"I'll join you in a minute" I Said and I felt my arm squeezed by Talia and I turned to see her smiling proudly with a hint of sadness in her eyes. She nodded at me releasing my arm and walked with the rest of the family until I was left alone. I couldn't have been stood for 5 minutes before I heard someone stand next to me. "He'll be missed"

"I better damn well be" Eli said in amusement. 

Turning I saw my brother stood in an all black attire holding a helmet by his side. 

"So what does death have in store for Eli Mikaelson?" 

"Anything" he spoke looking out at the lake. "Everything"

Nodding I just looked at the serene scene before us.

 "I'm at peace"