Chapter 31: You Wanna Know

Besseta POV 

He was here. 700 years and I've finally been able to see the love of my life once again. Here he was stood infront of me, well okay to the left a little bit you get the gist, stupid brain. 

It's too bad. 

"Besseta, it's been awhile" spoke Eli and I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Yes it has guess I don't need to try find you anymore, do I?" I Said and he shook his head looking awkward. Everyone was looking between us like we were weirdos, guess there's a little truth there. "Now as to why I wanted to find you.." I said trailing off and I started waking slowly towards him until I was infront of him. He seemed confused and nervous, oh boy should he be. And the smile went from my face and it went stony before I slapped him. 

"What the hell was that for?!!" He asked in a shocked voice and I just glared at him. 

"You didn't think to turn my brother, huh, where were you that night asshole?!!" I shouted back pushing his chest as I did so. "Where were you when my family were being murdered?!!" 

"I was looking for you!!" He shouted and I froze. "I was coming back for you" He said. 

-FLASHBACK- 

I was walking through the village on my way to where the Mikaelsons were staying. I thought back to the previous night and smiled to myself. I spent it with the Mikaelson family as well as my own and we all celebrated mine and Eli's engagement. I wanted a winter wedding but Eli thought maybe spring, he said for sentimental reasons but he never told me what those were. 

I reached the house but my name being called stopped me from knocking. It was Mrs. Peterson, the maid for the Mikaelsons whilst they are staying here, which I hope is for a very long time. 

"Mrs. Peterson how are you?" I asked as she reached where I was infront of the grand house. 

"All is well with me my dear but I'm afraid to say that the Mikaelsons informed me they were leaving late last night are they won't be coming back Miss. Hale although Eli asked me to give you this" she said and handed me an envelope. I nodded my head but started running home as tears made tracks down my face. When I reached home I looked at the letter and in a fit of rage threw it into the fire. I quickly regretted my decision and knelt infront of the fire as the letter burnt to ash. 

-TIMESKIP- 

I'd been to retrieve some water from the local well. I didn't smile like before or greet everyone I passed like I did before Eli came into my life, I haven't smiled much since he left the only person that could make me smile anymore was my little brother. 

I was about to reach home when I knew something was wrong immediately so I frowned before racing towards my home. I stopped in the doorway screaming at what I saw. My parents lay dead at my feeet and my little brother was nowhere to be seen. 

"Ahh little miss I see this must be your family" Said a disturbing voice from further into my families hut. I looked up and saw a man holding my little brother, he was like Eli. 

"Please don't hurt my little brother" I begged and he chuckled pushing my brother to the floor. 

"I won't as long as you do as I ask for as long as I want until your debt is paid, deal?" He asked and I nodded. He reached out his hand and I took it. He quickly pulled me to my feet and bit into his wrist. He made me drink the blood from the wound and I did as he asked. 

I looked to my brother and I whispered that I loved him, knowing his unconscious body couldn't hear me but I needed to say it anyway. And then my neck snapped and I was trapped for however long it took to pay my debt. 

-PRESENT- 

"So you wanted to find me?" I asked him in a quiet voice after I thought over that miserable night. 

"Yes when I reached your home I healed your brother but your parents were dead. I sent him to live with Mrs. Peterson and 5 years later he was bitten and turned into a werewolf. I looked for you for half a century before I gave up and I turned it off for 200 years and then I just played games with my family by tormenting them" he said kind of sadistically and walked into the loft. Looking to Derek he invited me in and I followed Eli inside. 

"I'm sorry you looked for that long" I told him but his back was still facing me. "I'm angry at you and I have been for a long time Eli" I told him and he nodded. 

"Do you still care about me?" He asked turning to face me and I paused. Truthfully no I didn't what we had was a long time ago and I couldn't hold on to what we had for so long. "Good well I guess that makes me the fool doesn't it" he said before turning back around. 

"Stiles man please don't do this" I heard a teen with a crooked jaw say. 

"I'm sorry Stiles can't take your call now but an emotionless asshole can" Said Eli turning with a huge smirk on his face. 

"No"