Chapter 14: Sing

Bonnie POV 

After school a lot of us went to the boarding house to look online and in some old books that the Salvatores have to see if we could figure out what Lydia is. I personally didn't expect to get anywhere in the amount of time we had between the end of school and the start of the party at the Lockwood mansion tonight, why on a Tuesday night would they have a party? 

"Bennett!!!" I heard my name called from the doorway as the door slammed into the wall behind it. Oh great just what I need to deal with, a crazy psychopath with a fetish for baseball bats. 

"What Kol? I don't have time for this"I asked the younger original brother. He seemed annoyed and dare I say worried about something. He was holding an old looking piece of cloth in his hand and had a posture that screamed determination. 

"I need you to do a locator spell using this" he said handing me the cloth. He spoke in a tense voice which I realised was because he was worried and scared? Unfolding the cloth I saw it was a shirt like the ones you'd have seen when the Mikaelsons were still human. 

"Why? What will I get out of it?" I asked him and this seemed to annoy him further, apparently this person needed to be found. 

"The knowledge on wheather you need to run to survive or not" He said and by his serious tone I knew the original was for the first time ever being deadly serious. I nodded my head as everyone silently watched the interaction, Alaric and Damon went to look through Isobel's research for any hints. Setting up what I needed I started chanting with a world map infront of me and my blood blood on the page. I had my blood on the shirt so hopefully it would work. 

When the spell finished I looked and saw the blood hadn't moved and Kol was pacing angrily. "Why didn't it work?!!" He shouted and flipped a table, the same one Derek flipped before he got kidnapped actually. 

"A witch was probably blocking me, there's nothing else I can do" I told the pissed off original who left at vampire speed to who knows where. "Anyone else think he's acting not Kol like?" I asked the group and they murdered their agreements. 

We all didn't think of it anymore as we went back to researching what Lydia could be, maybe we should have. 

————————————-

Lydia POV 

The party was in full swing and it was a huge success, it was a Forbes-Martin party after all. I got a text from Stiles about 20 minutes ago saying they'd just got into Mystic Falls so they should be here any minute now. I should probably find Tyler so he can invite Stiles into the house. 

I stopped dancing so I could find my cousin and guess where I found him, in his fathers office making out with Caroline. "Okay love birds break it up, Tyler we need to talk" I Said and Caroline nodded making sure her top was sat properly and her hair look less dishevelled before she left the office and back to the party. 

"So what do we need to talk about?" Asked Tyler nervously as he scratched the back of his neck. It felt like since he found out about my supernatural connection he's been distant like were enemies or something, is that what's happening? 

"A few things but when my friend gets here you'll need to invite him in" I Said and he seemed surprised as he stood up straighter. 

"What the hell are you friends with a vampire for?" He asked annoyed, he was worried about my safety making me seem like a damsel in constant need of rescue, I'm not Elena and I plan to say as much. 

"Look Ty—" I Said but before I could get any further into my sentence I saw someone in the doorway that led onto the outside patio. "Stiles!!!" I Screeched happily and flung myself into his arms. His hair was slightly longer and he had a bit of stubble and just generally seemed his right age. "Oh my god I'm so happy to see you!!! Malia might not get hurt as much anymore" I Said and he laughed. It sounded rougher more scratchy but it was still Stiles. 

"Hey Lyds hows everything been besides the Derek and Jeremy being kidnapped thing?" He asked with a British accent and with that smile of his face when he was genuinely happy, that smile that for once wasn't sarcastic or forced. 

"Wait Jeremy got kidnapped?!!" Shouted Tyler and yeah probably should have told him that cause apparently Elena or Alaric didn't. 

"Yes he did and maybe if you all cared you would have found him sooner, now invite Stiles in" I demanded of my cousin and he just stood glaring for a minute but one glare along with a raised eyebrow he invited Stiles in, who happily walked across the threshold. "Thank you, now Stiles lets go find the pack" I Said before dragging him along. 

We started searching for the pack but it was very crowded even the garden was and Stiles couldn't hear anyone due to the blasting music. 

"James?!!" A familiar voice asked and I looked to my right to see Damon stood looking shocked on the porch as we stood outside scanning the crowd. Stiles smirked at Damon whilst he just seemed shocked. 

"Damon buddy, long time no see!!"