Whippet - Ex Best Friend

Your pov:

I was rushing down town to grab some party food for my son's birthday party which was tomorrow. He was really excited if I'm being honest. Yesterday, was quite a hard day. Yesterday marked two years of not talking to my best friend Whippet. Him and I had a falling out and let's just say it got out of hand when it didn't need to.

"Thanks Mom." I smiled at my Mom as she held my 6 year old son in her arms. Before I get to the door I hear, "Mommy?" I turn around to look at Samuel. "Yes honey?" My Mom puts him down on the floor and he walks over to me, "Can Ryan and Nix come to my Birthday Party?" He asked. Jack sighed, "Buddy mommy's told you she isn't friends with him anymore." I took Samuels hand in mine, "I'll see what I can do." His face brightened up and he engulfed me into a tight hug, "Thank you Mummy."

We drove down to the Town. When we got into the bakery, we asked for the cake which was pre booked and we took it back to the car. It was a surfing cake. It had waves and a surfing board. Samuel loved to surf. Whippet was the one who taught him, as he's a lifeguard down at Bondi and Bronte. Samuel misses Nix as much as I miss Whippet.

When Jack shut the car door, we walked over to the shops. "Y/n." He said. I smiled turning to him while holding a pack of blue and pink party hats. "Yes dear?" He sighed looking into my eyes, "You do miss Ryan don't you? You don't have to lie to me." Tears brimmed my eyes as I began to nod, "I miss him a lot. He was like a brother to me." I explain. He pulled me into a hug as tears fell down my cheeks and on to his dark, green shirt.

Ryan's pov:

I was down Town with Nix. He was walking off ahead. All I could think about was y/n. Two years ago yesterday, y/n and I had an argument. All I could think about was y/n little face as she cried her eyes out.

Flashback - 2 years ago

I knocked on y/n front door. "Hey Ryan come in." She smiled. We sat down together talking for a couple of minutes when Nix ran into the living room. "Dad I fell." I raised an eye brow as Samuel trotted behind Nix. "Samuel did you do this?" I snapped. Y/n stood up. "Nix said he fell." I shook my head, "Samuel why did you push him?" Samuel shook his head, "I didn't he fell!" Samuel insisted. "You need to teach your kid how to be truthful." I snarled at y/n. I grabbed Nix by the hand, "Daddy I fell!" I smile at him, "It's alright bud." I hug him tightly. "Don't text me until your kid and you can be truthful." Y/ n burst out into tears and Samuel ran over to her hugging her leg, "Best friends don't lie to each other." He cried. I opened the front door and left.

End of flashback

After that, I realised how wrong I was. She texted me a couple of hours later telling me not to text her until I can believe my best friend. And that hurt. I haven't heard off her since. I miss her a lot. "Dad? You ok?" My son asks. I nod my head. " Did you know it's Samuels birthday tomorrow?" I smile weakly, "How about we get him a little something?" I knew how much Nix was missing them. He admittedly nods.

Nix turned a corner holding tightly onto the bag with the presents and card in. He then turned another corner and was out of sight. "Nix!" I shout. I turn the corner to see he had stopped dead in his tracks looking at the couple who had there backs turned to us. "Hey, come here." He walked over to me mumbling. "What have I told you about running off?" I snap at him. "It's y/n! She's over there!" I look up from him seeing the couple who were now walking away. I smile weakly at them. I take Nixs hand in mine, "Come on bud."

Your Pov:

I heard someone shout a name and I turn around to see Nix. He runs over to me. He pulled me into a tight hug, "Wish Samuel happy birthday for me." He smiled. I nodded, "Where's your Dad?" He pointed to a alley way. "He misses you." I smile. "I miss him too." He smiled. "Bye y/n. It was lovely seeing you again. I'll see you soon." You'll see me soon? Okay that's confusing. I waved at him turning away and thinking about what he had said.

I then heard Ryan's voice. Oh how I've missed that voice of his. My husband and I walk off down the path. You never know maybe I'll bump into him one day.

I'm going to be finishing off the Maxi one later tonight or tomorrow. This'll also have a part 2 coming out to it too.