Singlets - struggles

okay. this made me sad writing it. and i don't know why because ive wrote sadder ones then this. anyways as I wrote this i listened to Harry styles because you know, who wouldn't? and it hit different. so if you wanna try out the song while reading it. it's up there 👆🏻

wrote this ages ago and forgot to publish!!

anyways enjoyyy :)

Your Pov:

I sigh walking home. I couldn't wait to get back, to see Trent and my two adorable little girls. Katie is the oldest, she's 5 and Isabella is 3. They were my bundles of joy. As is Trent.

I walk into the house and see Trent. He's sitting on the sofa screaming at the tv.

Football. Great.

"Where are the girls?" I ask him.

He keeps his eyes on the tv and just says, "I don't know. In their rooms probably."

I just sigh placing down my bag. I walk into their room and their playing with their toys.

"Mommy!" They both squeal running up to me and hugging me.

"Hi you two." I kissed them on the heads and let them play walking into my bedroom.

"Mommy." I look towards the door as I brush my hair. Isabella standing their.

"Yes dear?"

"Will daddy come and play with me now?" She asked sweetly. "I did ask him earlier and Katie wants to watch tv now."

"What did he say earlier?"

"That he was too busy." I frown. I don't mind Trent watching football but he could've just watched it another time and played with his daughters.

I grab my daughters hand and walk with her into the lounge. "Daddy? Can you play dolls with me now please?"

He just sighs, keeping his eyes on the tv. "Why don't you ask your bloody mother?"

"But I want you to play with me." I don't think he's even noticed me stood there because he has his eyes glued to the tv screen.

"Well I don't. Ask your Mother Isabella. I don't have time." Isabella looked up at me sadly before walking away.

"Really Trent?" Trent looks up at me, his eyes widening like his done something really bad.

"Y/n - I-" He knows I've heard everything.

"Trent can't you at least play with our daughters? You're always watching football and are always at work. You never have time for them!" I exclaim.

"Yeah well I want time to myself too! I'm always at work because someone has too pay the bills. If you don't like my parenting then fine. Leave."

How could he say that?

I scoff at his words. I honestly don't know how to feel. He had promised me when I was pregnant with Katie he'd always be there for me and her. He seems to be letting me down. I thought I knew who I married...

I grab a suitcase pack my stuff, the kids stuff and then told the girls to grab a bag and stuff a few things in there like toys. This might be a bit silly, after just one silly argument but, quite frankly, I'm getting tried of it.

I walk to the back door with them, not telling Trent anything. I walk out the back door with the girls and get in the car.

Trents Pov:

When the football finishes, I mentally sigh to myself. I know I shouldn't have said those things to y/n so I decided to apologise. I walk into the girls room and their not in there. That's weird. Maybe they're all watching a film together?

I walk into y/n room and no ones in there. Maybe they went for a walk?

I sit back down on the sofa and ring her. "Hi this is y/n, sorry i couldn't answer, just leave a message after the beep."

"Hey y/n. Where are you?" I laugh, "You could've told me you were going out. I hope your okay. Love you."

I send her a text too and left it for a while.

It's now 9pm and I'm really worried. Maybe she left? Why would she-

"If you don't like my parenting then fine. Leave."

Oh god. That's bad. I ring her up again and got no answer. I'm pretty sure she declined my call. She's took the kids too, sure I said some horrible things but I didn't mean them!

I got in my car and drove to her mothers house. I knock on the door and her Mother answered. Her mom and I get on fine. She likes me a lot.

"Where is she? Please?"

"She's not here but you really have upset her." She states leaning against the door.

"Where is she then?" I exclaim.

She smirks, "With your mom."

Oh great. Just great. I'm screwed. Seriously. "She knew you'd come looking for her here. And she said your mom can give you a telling off. Maybe you should apologise to the girls too. Isabella said to me, daddy's upset mommy."

I frowned. "If she contacts you tell her I'm sorry and that I'm coming over." I speed over to my moms house knocking loudly on the door.

"Trent." She smiles. It's one of those sarcastic smiles, she knows why I'm here.

"Mom. Please."

She laughs. "Y/n told me everything."

"Can you just send her out here? Please?"

She sighs. "Fine." She wonders off and Isabella toddles over to the door.

"Hey." I smile bending down to her height.

"What are you doing here daddy?" She asks messing with her fingers.

"Mommy and daddy need to talk that's all."

"Mommy cried. Why did she cry daddy? Did i upset her?" I sigh pulling her into a hug. Isabella begins to cry and I realise how much I screwed up.

"No, of course you didn't upset mommy. It's daddy's fault. He was being stupid again." She pulled out the hug wiping her eyes. "Now c'mon. Don't cry. Where's that pretty smile?"

She giggles slightly at my words, staring at me with the same wondrous eyes as her Mothers.

"I love you daddy." I just smile brightly at her words. She makes my heart melt sometimes.

"I love you too sweetie." I say kissing her forehead.

Your Pov:

I walk to the door and see Isabella talking to Trent. I walk towards the door and Trent looks up at me. "Why don't you go inside now? And let mommy and daddy talk?" She nods her head and runs off.

Trent stands up and I walk outside. He shuts the door while I walk further in front before leaning against the banister.

"I'm sorry." I just stare at him, no emotion showing. "It's just. Work. It's been hard. And the other day, we lost someone. And, when I got back. I couldn't get my mind off it. And it made me realised I couldn't lose you and the girls. And really it's no excuse to say what I said. I just..." I sigh, pulling him into a tight hug because he seems to need one right now.

"Trent you should've talked to me. You know I'm here. We made vows when we got married. Im always here for you Trent. And no it's not a reason for what you did but you were hurting and scared. Emotions do that to us."

We unlock arms and he looks down at me with a smile, "I know.."

"Why don't you ask Bruce for some time off? And talk to him too." He nods his head.

"Then you can spend some time with me and the girls. And everything will be okay. I promise." I whisper. He kisses my forehead and just smiles.

"What would I do without you?"

part twooo? :D