Tommy - Suicide

Your pov:

I was sat at home reading while my phone was on charge. I was reading for about fifteen minutes when a call came through. Chappo 😎. I raise an eyebrow at the phone. Chappo was one of Tommys mates at work.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey. Have you spoke to Tom?" He asked.

"No why. Is he ok?" He sighed through the phone.

"Something's happened at work and didn't end well. We thought he'd be with you because you know. Your like besties."

"When did it happen?" I ask placing my book on the coffee table.

He sighed again, "This afternoon. He um he finished around about an hour ago but he didn't look to. Happy. He looked upset. And angry with himself." He explained.

I nod through the phone, "Thanks Chap. I'll go round."

"Be careful with him y/n I think his a bit sensitive at the moment."

"Don't worry I will. Cya." I insist.

"Bye."

I walked up his apartment door, waiting for a few seconds before knocking. I heard shouting. Then glass shattering. Then curse words. I knock on the door biting my nails while waiting. Tommy opened the door with glass in his knee. "Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asked. "I'm here to comfort you." I smile pushing past him and walking into his messy apartment.

I looked behind me at Tommy and glanced at his legs. "Right sit down on the sofa and I'll do something for that leg of yours." He shook his head, "I'm fine." He insisted. I took tommy's hands in mine. "Tommy. Your my best friend I know when somethings up and plus I've been told." He sighed sitting down on the sofa. 

Tommys pov:

Y/n was here. I don't know why. Well. I do. Something had happened at work. I blamed it on myself. I sat down on the sofa waiting for y/n to come out of the bathroom with the first aid box. She sat down next to me and grabbed some tweezers. "Tell me if it hurts." She began to pull the glass out of my leg. It hurt a bit but not much. Once we had tidied up we sat back down, letting my leg rest.

"Now." Y/n sighed. "Want to tell me why you were throwing glass around your house?" I sighed swiftly pushing my hair back with my hand, "I threw a glass at the wall." I mumbled. She took my hands and started to play with them. "Why Tommy?" She asked softly, looking up at me with her dazzling eyes. "Because it was my fault the girl got hurt." I mumbled my eyes starting to water. "Oh Tommy." She whispered. She wrapped her arms round my neck. "I doubt it was your fault. Wanna tell me what happened?"

I sighed messing with y/n hair. "I was doing a rescue and as we got onto the sand bank the girl fell off and hit her head on a rock. We then had to ring for an ambo. Her parents were crying. And I knew deep down it was my fault and that the boys blamed it on me." I explained. She looked up sympathetically. "Tommy. It was not your fault. It's not like you pushed her off. The girl fell off. Mistakes happen. You don't need to blame yourself and you shouldn't be letting your emotions get the best of you because your going to end up hurting yourself even more than just a scrap of the knee." She explained. I smiled. "I'm so lucky to have you y/n." She smiled, "And I'm so lucky to have a lifeguard as a best friend." We laughed. She rested her face on my cheek and we slowly fell asleep in each other's arms.