Maxi - Try harder (pt 2)

Suicidal at times!

Your Pov:

I walked into the Tower to hear the boys chuckling. "Yeah y/n can be funny." I heard someone grunt. "Yeah but she can be a bit annoying." The tower fell silent. "What is wrong with you and y/n?" One of the boys asked in an annoyed tone. Oh. It was Maxi. Of course it was. "We had a falling out that's all. No biggy." I quickly moved out the way hearing footsteps.

I found myself in the locker room so I walked to my locker. "Oh look who it is." I could feel him smirk. It was Maxi. "Why are you still here?" I shrug turning to face him. "It's my job. What do you expect?" He eye rolled. "Not if I make it a misery for you." With that he smirked and walked back up to the front of the Tower.

Maxis Pov:

Planning on making y/n life a misery would be funny. Concluding she made mine one.

Y/n walked out the water pointing to the flags. She placed down the board and sat down next to me. "So." I pause as she turned to me. "You still think your a good lifeguard." Earlier on she had been told she was a good one. She is. But. You know. I'm making her life a misery. So...

"Well I-" I quickly cut her off with a harsh, laugh. "Well you aren't. Your a terrible one. I'm surprised no ones got hurt yet." She looked hurt.

Harrison's Pov:

Y/n was acting quiet. For no reason. I was sat in the Tower with her. "You okay?" I ask her. She looked at me with a weak smile. "I'm fine, thanks." I nod.

Days went by and y/n smile looked weaker and weaker. Something was going on and I was going to get to the bottom of it.

As I walked into the Tower, I heard people chatting. Maybe I could ask the boys about y/n. I took a seat next to Whippet and smile. "Do you know what's up with y/n?" I ask. Whippet shook his head, "No, why? She seems fine to me." I sigh and Jethro looked behind Whippet and at me. "She had an argument with Maxi. They haven't been talking for ages. She's probably upset about it. That's all." Oh. I see. I nod. She could've told me.

Maxis Pov:

I was down South with Harrison and y/n. She ran out into the water and Harrison began to talk. "You never told me, you and y/n had a falling out." I wonder why. Haha. "Yeah. Sorry mate. It's complicated. She wasn't being nice and slapped me." Harrison looked surprised.

When y/n sat back down behind us both. Harrison started shouting at her. "Just because you were upset doesn't give you the bloody right to slap him! I can't believe you Y/n." Y/n was speechless as for I. Well. I smirked at y/n when Harrison went out for a rescue. "What did I tell you? Your recking everyone's lives y/n."

Harrison's Pov:

I looked round the tower trying to find y/n. "Who you looking for mate?" Joel asked. Jackson chuckled. "Yeah you look a bit lost." I sighed rubbing my temples. "I'm looking for y/n." They looked at each other. "She already went home mate. Is she okay? She looked a little..." Joel couldn't find the words so just looked at me. I sighed. "I may have upset her. That's all. Anyways. I'll um. I'll see you later."

I walked to y/n house to see the curtains were open so I guessed she was in. I knocked on the door multiple times. I sighed resting my head against the door. Maybe she wasn't in? I walked off and back to mine.

Your Pov:

I walked home slowly. My thoughts were everywhere. Was Maxi right? Maybe I didn't belong here. Maybe Maxi was doing all this to help me. Maxi and Harrison wouldn't be mad at me anymore. The boys wouldn't have to deal with me either!

I wrote a note to the lifeguards. Then two individual notes to Harrison and Maxi. I placed them on the table then went in search for some tablets in my house. I looked down at the palm of my hand. The tablets laid out. I sighed. I remembered all the texts Maxi used to send me when I wasn't feeling the best.

I stood still for a few seconds thinking to myself. I didn't want to take too many. Just enough to knock me out. I took a deep breath and swallowed them. I stood there for a few seconds before walking into the bathroom.

Maxis Pov:

I walked into work noticing y/n wasn't here. There was commotion in the Tower when I came back up from the locker room. I wonder why? Y/n must have finally quit. I smile to myself at it all.

Harrison approached me with a frown. "Have you spoken to y/n recently?" I shake my head. "No, why?" I laugh. "Has she finally quit her job? She's finally realised!" I cheer. Harrison just stared at me. He was miffed. "You were her best friend. What are you to her now?" He quickly walked off, not wanting anything more to do with me.

Harrison's Pov:

It's now the next day. Hoppo's been ringing her repeatedly. She hasn't answered or text back.

It now 6pm. I was seriously worried about y/n, so I decided to go round hers. When I arrived the door was locked. I threw myself up against the door and finally got in. I saw notes on the table and something in my stomach told me to go find her.

I took one quick glance at the notes before picking them all up, shoving them into my pocket and began shouting y/n name. I pushed open the bathroom door and what I saw next made me fall to the floor in tears.