Jethro - Spinal Injury

Your Pov:

It was a sunny day down at Bondi. I was in the Tower about to swap over with Mouse. "Crikey it isn't half busy down there." Mouse exclaimed as he walked into the Tower. I stood up grabbing my radio. Jethro looked up at me with his blue sparkly eyes. "Be careful down there y/n." I eye rolled, smiling slightly. I patted his shoulder. "I'll be fine Jethro." I kissed the top of his head before walking out the Tower.

Jethro and I had dated for about a year now. We worked together you see and we instantly clicked. He was charming. He was also very protective and that's what I loved about him.

I drove down North with Mario. "Another busy day down at Bondi." I reminded Mario. He chuckled asking a rhetorical questions, "Eh what do you expect?" I smile plainly, "The unexpected." He laughed sarcastically.

Jethro's Pov:

I was in the Tower watching North end as y/n was down there. It was quite busy down there. "Hey Jeff mate can you go down South and hand the boys the first aid kit." I got off my chair, snatched the first aid kit and walked down South.

"What do you need it for?" I ask them. "We don't have one mate. Harrison here forgot to bring one." I eye roll chuckling.

*North to central, we may have a possible spinal injury*

I looked towards Harrison's radio. My heart racing. I snatch my radio from my pocket but before I could say anything -

*Its y/n get Jethro down here as soon as*

No, no, no. I instantly start running towards the other side of the beach. Please be ok. When I got by the flags, I could already see the commotion. The guys in the Tower have better of called an ambulance.

Your Pov:

All I could remember was a wave coming over me and my board getting swept away. And now I can't move. I was on the sand banks. I was struggling to breathe. I saw someone above me. It was singlets. "It's okay y/n." My eyes slowly began to shut.

"What happened? Is she gonna be alright?" I felt someone's hand on mine. My eyes opened and I saw Jethro by my side, holding my hand. I could just about make out the others. "Y/n. It's gonna be alright. I'm here." He squeezed my hand just so I could feel something. "Jethro..." I whisper. I could tell he was on the blink of tears. "Am I gonna be alright?" There was a lot of background noise but all I could think about was my injury.

Tears slipped down his eyes, "Of course your gonna be alright darling." He whispered squeezing my hand once again. I smiled weakly. Everything happened quite quickly. The paramedics asked me a few questions but I kept slipping out of continuous.

Jethro's Pov:

I ran over to them all. When I saw her, I could've screamed. I clutched onto her hand looking over at Singlets. "What the hell happened?" I exclaim. Y/n had a bandage round her neck and a oxygen mask to help her breathe. The sight of her just broke me.

I bent down to her and took her hand in mine. "Jethro." She whispered. "Am I gonna be alright?" She asked me. From my prospective, it wasn't looking good but I stayed strong for her. "Of course your gonna be alright darling." I squeezed her hand and she smiled weakly.

The paramedics soon turned up and started asking questions. I noticed she kept slipping in and out of continuous. They took her up to the tower as I held onto her. I kept reassuring her, that it was going to be alright. "You need to let go of her now sir. She's in critical conditions." I couldn't go with her. You had to be joking me. Hoppo placed his hand on my shoulder. "Just let her go mate. She's in good hands." I sighed letting go of y/n hand which tore me apart.

The ambulance drove away and Hoppo sighed. He rubbed my shoulder but I shoved his hand off and stomped off back into the Tower.

- - - - - -

It was now the evening. I was moody and ignoring everyone. My mind kept going back to her face. It hurt me to know that y/n would be in a hospital on her own surrounded by nurses and doctors. My phone, which was in front of me, began to ring. It was an unknown number but I answered it anyways.

"Hello? Is this Jethro James?" Whoever it was. They were very formal.

"Yes... Why? Who's asking?"

"Your girlfriend, y/n y/l/n, is in hospital-" My heart rate sped up.

"Is she alright!?" I exclaim. The woman sighed.

"She's slipping in and out of continuous. They've ran a few tests. She has injured her spin. Their thinking she's fractured it." Oh no. No. This is all my fault. I should've have been there.

"In how many places?"

"One or two their not sure yet. You may see her tomorrow." What! Tomorrow?

"Why tomorrow?"

"As I said she's slipping in and out of continuous. She is also very tired." Wow. This is just stupid.

"Ok. I'll be there tomorrow."

"Okay goodbye." I slammed down my phone and Maxi glanced at me. "What'd they say?" He asked. "She's fractured her spine in one or two places." He nodded. "Well that's not that bad." You've got to be kidding me. I stood up anger all over my face. "Not that bad!? Seriously? She's fractured her bloody spine Maxi! And now they won't even let me see her!" I shout. I had to get it out of my system. I stormed off out the Tower and sat in my favourite place.

Maxi's Pov:

Jethro just shouted at me. It was about y/n. I knew he needed to let his anger out so I let him get it out on me. The boys all watched me and him as he walked out the Tower... Actually. It was more like stormed out the Tower.

"Give him a few." Joel told them. I felt bad for him. It must be hard.

Joel's Pov:

I knew where he'd be. I decided to check up on him. I walked out the Tower with my radio passing a few of the boys on my way down.

I spotted him on a patch of grass with his head in his hands. I walked over to him and quietly sat down next to him. "She's in safe hands y'know." I told him. "She should be in my arms though." He mumbled. "I know, I know. How about you stay at mine tonight and I'll take you to see her tomorrow." He sighed, "Okay." I could always win Jeff over.

Your Pov:

I thought Jethro would come tonight. Even though the nurses told him not to. I was having some surgery tomorrow night. I was slightly worried. I had to stay still and couldn't move. It was around 11. I lay awake looking up at the clean white ceiling. God how I missed Jethro. I wondered how he was.

- - - - - - -

I woke up to hear Jethro. I could tell he was holding my hand. I couldn't help but smile. I pretended to still be asleep to hear what he was saying. "I hope your alright love. I heard you've gotta have a surgery. Just so you know that I'll be right by your side through it all." He squeezed my hand another time. "I love you y/n." He whispered. "I love you too Jethro." I whispered. "Your awake! Y/n!" He stood over me carefully leaning in to kiss my lips...

Two Weeks Later,

I walked into the Tower. Two weeks after everything had happened. Jethro was still being very protective. We walked in and he had his arm round me. I had fully recovered from my surgery. Jethro stuck by methrough it all. I was so lucky to have him!

Thanks for the request!! @micdrop_kookie