All Lifeguards - Teenagers

A/n:
i haven't done a flashback in ages so i thought i'd do one😃the song up there 👆is for the first half of the story which is the flashback. anyways enjoy!!!
nicole🫶

Your POV:

I'm sitting in the tower, with most my childhood friends. We're now lifeguards and as kids we use to come down to Bondi a lot.

"Aw."

I look at Harrison who has his binoculars up to his eyes, with a smile spread across his face.

"What?" Whippet asks.

"Some teens."

I grab a pair and look where he's looking and spot them burying a stranger in the sand making me smile. Being down here at bondi reminds me a lot of when I was a kid.

*Flashback*

I'm waiting for Whippet, Harrison, Jules and Maxi to get down to Bondi. I spot Harrison and Maxi with a football. They kick to each other while running towards me.

I smile walking towards them, "You guys alright?"

They nod.

After about ten minutes, Jules and Whippet arrive and we walk down to the beach as the sun sets. We grab some surfing boards and catch a wave out.

It's fun being a teen. I wish I didn't have to grow up.

We're now sitting on the beach, I'm next to whippet while Jules is off getting ice cream.

Maxi and Harrison are building sandcastles... Or trying to? They're always so immature and silly sometimes, but thats what makes them who they are. I have to admit it's funny. Very funny sometimes.

A few metres away from us, is someone asleep, a middle aged gentlemen, I can see the two boys from the corner of my eyes while Whippet is lying down 'resting his eyes' so he said.

Jules is watching the two boys quite closely while slurping on her slushy.

I notice what they're doing and elbow whippet who grunts sitting up.

"Boys!" He whispers sternly, "What are you doing?"

They begin to chuckle as they burry his feet and legs.

I shake my head beginning to laugh which makes the man move around. He sits up rubbing his eyes as Maxi and Harrison quickly walk back over to us.

The man glares over at Harrison and Maxi as they flash him an innocent smile. Soon, the dark haired male looks to his feet and is not happy, at all!

"Hey!" He screams angrily at us making us all get up and run for it, screaming with laughter, even whippet.

I turn my head round while running next to Harrison, I chuckle to myself as he points a finger screaming, "You two!"

We laugh to ourselves, the sun beginning to set as we make our way across the beach. Could life get any more sweeter?

*End of Flashback*

Harrison sighs bringing me out of my trance, "You alright Y/n?"

I nod my head with a weak smile. A couple of the boys come back from South so Harrison, Maxi and I are going down.

I'm in the back of the rhino standing up watching the sea while the other two basically just clown around.

Talk about third wheeling...

"Boys!" I snap when I spot someone, "One of you go out."

Maxi grabs his board and runs out, I watch as he gets the man on the board. He doesn't seem to be very moveable?

"Harrison. Why does that man look uncomfortable?"

"Because he is." Harrison says jumping out the rhino while radioing up to the tower.

"Who has oxy?" He asks.

"I think Jules and I do." Whippet responds.

"Might need it brought down to South please."

"Alright, be down." He responds. Maxi brings the guy in and, we were right, he isn't breathing.

Maxi places the man down, sits down next to him and asks if he can hear him. He groans.

I swear I've seen him before, his roots are turning grey and his ends are a dark colour.

"My leg. I can't feel it."

"Alright, don't worry. We'll get you a stretcher."

I radio for the others to grab a stretcher on the way here.

"Is it just me or does this man look really noticeable?" Harrison whispers while we watch Maxi talk to him, trying to distract him probably.

Maxi walks over and repeats the question to him.

"No I'm with you on that one. I swear we've seen him before."

I almost snigger.

Almost.

I quickly cover my face with my hand. "Are you laughing? Seriously Y/n?"

"His the guy..." I whisper, "From when we were teens."

"Oh shit." Harrison says looking at Maxi who's also now looking over at the guy. Harrison stares at him for a little while longer before chuckling, "Oh shit he is."

The other two run over with the stretcher. We help him onto it and place the oxy mask over his mouth to help him.

"I swear I've seen him before." Whippet says to me as we drive him up to the tower.

"He's the guy Harrison and Maxi buried in the sand as kids."

Whippet starts to laugh, "Ironic."

We're all back up at the tower.

"Don't you think you two should apologise to the poor bloke?" Whippet teases a grin relaxing onto his face.

"Oh shut up Whip." Maxi says walking downstairs to the man. I follow him down hearing the distant arguing of Harrison and Whippet.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"When will the ambulance be here?" He grunts not answering my question.

"Soon." I smile.

Maxi glances at me. The man begins to study us,

"Why do you two look so familiar?"

I glance at Maxi nervously.

His face then straightens and he realises, why, we look so familiar. "You buried me in the bloody sand a few years back!" He yells.

Harrison runs down from hearing the guy raise his voice and the man then points at him too.

"Your still not over it?" Harrison questions squinting his eyes waiting to be screamed at.

"No!" He shouts back at him.

Maxi glances at Harrison.

"You haven't aged." Harrison smiles. I glance at Maxi who's biting his lip trying not to laugh. I look down at the floor and shake my head at Harrison, trying to win the guy over by complimenting him.

"Don't get being nice to me now sunny." The man says pointing a finger at Harrison.

The man's been taken to the hospital now and the five of us are stood in the tower talking about it.

"You really should've of apologised." I almost laugh.

"It's karma they saw him ." Jules shrugs.

"Why did we bury him in the sand?" Maxi asks glancing at Harrison.

"I don't know. Can't even remember who's idea it was."

This makes us laugh.