All Lifeguards - Just one last time

Your POV:

I walk across bondi beach but their is no yelling, no laughing, no talking, no strong Australian accents.

Their is just silence. All that can be heard is the waves and cars driving on by. Ever since the accident, no one comes here no more.

Just me.

And the boys.

We just don't talk about when we come down here, or ever really. We never talk. The accident broke us all apart. We never talk about it, no one does, it's deserted now.

Only the odd few people come down.

Maxis Pov:

The wind gently flows past me as I look across at the sea that for once, looks calm and deserted. It's always quiet now. I miss the others, far too much.

Ever since I stopped working at Bondi... My life's been quiet. Harrison and I rarely speak. The only people who talk are Jackson and Joel but so I've heard, Jackson's moving out.

We cut each other out of our lives after it all. I wish...

I wish it didn't happen.

I presume we all do. After the fire, no one dared go back in the tower. The atmosphere an hour before the fire... Was, as it always had been joyful, positive.

None of us knew it was to happen.

Whippets Pov:

A video appears on Snapchat...

September 2021 Memories:

It's Harrison. Trying to catch that darn rat! Gosh how I miss them all. I don't even understand why we can't work together now. Yes... The fire, it was bad. But we were Bondi Lifeguards.

Anything bad, we could change. We could make it into something positive but this... This, what had happened, was far from positive. We couldn't change it.

I walk down the stairs of bondi at 9pm. I did this too often but it had been three months. Three months since the fire. Three months since we all separated. Three months since I spoke to them...

It drags on. It really, really, drags on...

And maybe that's what I hate about it all,

I sit down a few metres away from the tower as the water gently crashes against the rocks. It's all different now, mainly because it's deserted.

You never get use to seeing deserted beaches.

I know the boys come down here.

We've all came down to Bondi more then once since the fire. We just don't say we do. We don't talk about bondi no more. We can't.

The suns setting and my shadow begins to appear. A message pops up on my phone and it's a post on Instagram. It's from y/n instagram. I never did turn off her notifications. I tap on it and see:

why do i miss you guys?

A tear runs down my cheek and I quickly try wiping it off. Why is this getting to me?

Because you worked there for ages... They were your home.

Well they aren't. Not no more. I switch my phone off stand up and walk back home listening to the waves, that gently cry for me to turn around and walk back.

Harries Pov:

I didn't like going down to bondi. It pained me. A lot... every time I would walk the beach I'd see Jethro
sat with the green whistle in his mouth talking about his plane or Mouse telling some young kid to just swim between the flags or he'd loose his mind.

It's just small things that bring up Bondi. Anything would bring up bondi. My boys would bring up bondi a lot, they would ask and ask. What could I say?

It's gone.

Gone forever.

I need to get it out so I decide, for the first time in what feels like ages, I decide. To go down to Bondi. I walk across the tower talking to myself.

'Its the only way to get it out' I thought to myself.

"I miss them so much... I don't know why the fire started. And it's like we all... We all didn't want to know after the fire. Why? I'll never now. But now it's quiet. And... I don't... I don't like the silence." I say as I look towards the sea.

Jackson's Pov:

I step outside and am met with a friendly breeze. It makes me smile, it's the same breeze as...

Was the same breeze. I sigh shaking the thought of bondi from my head. I had to go down there. Just to... clear my head. I still hadn't got my head around what had happen the past month.

I walk down the stairs and see a few people.

If only it was them.

Your Pov:

I see a young man walking down on his own in a jacket and shorts. He looks so... So familiar. But I hadn't seen them in-

As he came closer I could see.

It's Jackson!

I shout his name and he looks at me blinking. We begin to run towards each other and instantly I run into his arms. It's like we hadn't seen each other in a year.

We pull away our eyes lit up, "Look at you!" He exclaims, "How are you?"

"I'm okay." I say smiling weakly. "You?" We begin to walk and... I didn't want to start an argument. None of us had stayed in touch because of the accident. I couldn't just blame Jackson.

"Yeah. I've been... I've good." He says. We all knew the truth. None of us were okay. Not since the accident. Not since... We all stopped talking.

Maxis Pov:

As I carry walking on further I see two people... Two familiar people. As I hear their voices I shout their names and in an instant we all start running.

I could finally see them. The people, who i know so well, who I use to be close with.

I hug them both. "Jackson! Y/n!" I say pulling away. I feel tears brim into my eyes. "I've missed you guys." I whisper.

Y/n raises an eye brow, "But you never bothered to text?"

Little did she know, the drafts of messages I had stored on my phone. Little did she know, the tears i had shed for nearly two weeks because I didn't know what to do.

Little did she know...

Your Pov:

"I-Im sorry." I stammer quietly. "It's just... It's been so hard ever since the accident and I've tried texting you but I stopped when none of you responded."

We all felt guilty because we all wanted to respond but couldn't...

We didn't know how too.

A tall, broad man from behind coughs. Maxi and Jackson turn around gasping. "Bruce."

"Hey.." He mumbles.

I turn around smiling weakly.

"I think... I think it's best if we meet up and talk." he announces.

Just one last time?

really enjoyed writing this, part two should be out soon.
nicole<3