Hoppo - An accident

Your Pov:

I was one of the newest trainees. I was working in the Tower with Jackson, Harrison and Hoppo. I liked Hoppo. He was one of my favourites. Along with Harrison and a few others. But we all got along.

I walked into the Tower sitting down by Hoppo. "Hello." I smiled. He placed down the binoculars smiling at me, "Hey. How are you today?" I nodded, "I'm good thanks." He smiled turning his attention back towards the water.

It was now mid afternoon and quite busy. It was just Harrison, Jackson and I, as Hoppo had gone down to his office. I noticed a man was stuck in a rip down South so I told Mario to go out to him. "His not in South." Jackson inputted. "He is." I pointed to where the man was and Joel who was down South with Mario came through on the Radio.

*South to Central, Mario can't see the guy are you sure his down South?*

Harrison looked at me, picked up a pair of binoculars and looked out. "His not down South you idiot!" Harrison exclaimed. Harrison picked up a radio eye rolling.

*Joel tell Mario to come back in! The mans down North!*

I looked down North to see the guy. He was right. No. No. Jackson picked up a radio while looking down North.

*Hey boys, can one of ya go out please? Y/n messed up."

I saw Harris go out and Jackson, Harrison had relief sweep over their face. "Are you blind or something Y/n?!" Harrison exclaimed. "You need to go back to school if you don't know your North and South." Jackson laughed. "We're professionals y/n! You should know this!" Harrison mumbled sighing.

I wiped my eyes and Harrison sighed. "Jeez we were only saying. Get over it y/n." Jackson chuckled. I quietly stood up and left. Maybe lifeguarding just wasn't for me.

Hoppo's Pov:

On my way back up to the Tower I bumped into y/n. She had tears streaming down her cheeks and was in a hurry. She banged into me, apologising quickly. "Hey, hey what's wrong?" She shook her head walking past me.

I walked up to the boys and they looked at me with guilty faces. "What's going on?" I ask sternly. They explained what happened and I wasn't to pleased. I could tell, already, that y/n was fragile. She's new though so of course, she was bound to be fragile. They all are at the start. Taking on such a big and stressful job was no easy task.

I walked out the Tower looking for her. I managed to find her walking across the pavement behind the Tower. I walked over to her and walked next to her. She knew I was there. "Everyone makes mistakes. But what Harrison and Jackson said. It wasn't nice. They will apologise, I've already told them." She shook her head softly looking down at the ground. "Maybe I'm not right for Bondi. Maybe I'm not good at being a lifeguard-"

I stopped her dead in her tracks turning her round to face me and placing my hands tightly on her shoulders and making her look at me. "Everyone makes mistakes y/n. Harrison's made a ton. Jethro's - well he." She began to laugh as tears spilled out. "Y/n. It's not the end of the world, okay?" She nodded before wrapping her arms tightly round my neck and hugging me. "I know you don't like hugs. But I wanted one." She whispered. I laughed.

Your Pov:

I walked back into the tower when Jackson and Harrison were coming out. The weren't talking but both looked up when they saw me. They immediately stopped so I had to stop as I wouldn't be able to get through. When I stopped they pulled me into their arms, "We're sorry." They whispered. I laughed, "Is it only because Hoppo-" Jackson quickly cut me off, "No. We're seriously sorry." I smiled, "It's okay. Don't worry about it..."

Thanks for the request! @hanaahmad0324!