Hoppo - Gone away (Part 1)

Your POV:

A lot has been happening down here at Bondi. Just yesterday we nearly lost a young lady's life. Bruce has been changing.

We've also got a new lifeguard at Bondi at the moment and Hoppo keeps snapping at her too. I honestly feel bad because he never used to be like this, we all just want Hoppo back. The Hoppo we all knew and loved.

Today he snapped at all of us, including me, and so I snapped back.

I walked into the tower after my shift and I was tired. Bondi had been getting busier and busier honestly.

I sat down next to Jethro and asked how his day had gone. We would be packing up soon when Hoppo walked in, we m all knew we were in trouble because the look on his face said it all.

"So," He coughed, rubbing his head gently, "I just wanna say that I'm not happy with how you guys have been performing recently. Maybe you need more training-"

"Maybe you need to stop shouting at us every day, making us stress even more when we're in the water." I mumbled under my breath looking down at my shoes.

I felt ryan's eyes on me and I heard him let out a quiet chuckle.

I looked up meeting Hoppos eyes.

"Something you want to share y/n?"

"Nope." I mumble.

He grumbles under his breath quietly before returning to his topic.

He soon begins to point out what we're doing wrong.

Everyone is beginning to look annoyed and slight flustered about it.

And I can't stand here and let it happen, "Hold up."

"Sorry. Am I speaking to fast for you Y/n?" He asks with a slight bit of sarcasm flooding his voice.

"No. I just want to let you know how your making us feel because your that involved with your own feelings that you can't even think of ours!"

I shouted loudly making the rooms atmosphere grow more miserable.

"I think you should take a break. Stay off for a few weeks because this is stressing you out and now it's stressing us out. At the moment we are all constantly stepping on egg shells Bruce. We're wondering, will that be good enough for him? Can we do that now because we'll be in trouble?"

"I know deep down the man we all knew a few months ago is still there. He doesn't come out very often anymore, maybe he's just gone away for a while. But I know, I'm not the only one who wants him back."

Hoppo is speechless. I wanted him to say something as guilt begins to let loose in my stomach.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled, "I didn't know... I didn't know that's how you all felt."

That was nearly two days ago and he hasn't turned up for work since. I feel so guilty.

"Y/n."

"Y/n!"

I turn my head in the direction of the Rhino where my name was being called from.

Will is securing the flags and sighs when he knows I'm listening.

He walks towards me placing his large hands on my shoulders, "You shouldn't feel bad. Pretty much everyone felt like that."

"I know but I can't help but feel really guilty. I mean I told him to take a few days off but he hasn't called or.. Or anything for that matter. What if I tipped him over the edge?"

"Y/n. You were being honest about how you were feeling... You put it a lot nicer then how me and some of the boys would have phrased it. Please stop worrying."

He pulls me into a hug, rubbing my back, and telling me not to worry.

To be continued....

A/n: hello everyone! i hope everyone's doing good:D i just wanna say thank you for being so patient with me because i know recently the uploads have been quite slow:/ but hopefully my motivation does start to pick up. also, if you guys wanna check out my other book on my account, it's another bondi book because why not! it's called 'they saved me' and is about a new lifeguard who joins bondi called hazel.

i hope you enjoyed this chapter! and i hope you have a good week!

nicole<33