Maxi - Just Friends (pt 1)

Your Pov:

I was stood in my lounge spinning around. "I wonder what it's like to be loved by you!" For the longest, time I've had a crush on Maxi. I work with him down at Bondi. He had put my head in a spin. I sang loudly to myself as I span around. I heard someone chuckle and tried to stop myself from falling. I fell onto a sofa, took out my ear phones and saw my older brother, Jesse, stood by the door frame. He smirked. "Who do you like?" I laugh, "N-No one." He slyly cut me off, "I know you little sister. It's Maxi, isn't it?" I quickly shook my head but he just chuckled. "Oh Y/n."

Jesse's Pov:

I was walking to work with Harrison when an idea popped into my head. "Can you help me with something?" I ask Harrison as we walk down the stairs to Bondi. "Yeah sure. What is it?" I smiled. "Promise not to say anything?" He nodded "Y/n likes Maxi." Harrison chuckled. "No way! What do you need help with then?" I smiled proudly, "Well as her big brother. I think I should... You know? Help her out." He chuckled. "So you, my little kiwi." I smiled ruffling his hair, "Are going to help me with something." He nodded slowly, "Which is?" He asked impatiently. I smirked, "Your going to do some snooping. Ask Maxi what he thinks about Y/n. You know?" He nodded. "Then we'll set them up." Harrison nodded unsure. "What if he doesn't like her back?" I shrugged, "We'll just get them to go on this date," I began, putting ellipsis around this date, "And then... And then." I shrugged. Harrison just sighed. "Alrighty."

Harrison's Pov:

Things you do for your best friends, hey? I walked into the Tower about to go on my Lunch Break. Maxi smiled when he saw me. "Hey Mate." I gave him a wave then asked, "Wanna go grab some lunch together?" He nodded, "Sure, just let me grab some money." I gave him a thumbs up and waited for him outside the tower.

We began our walk down to the Bondi Coffee shop. "Eating in, boys?" I looked at Maxi who shrugged, "Yeah sure." We got handed our drinks, donuts and took a seat in the corner. As the conversation was going well I decided to bring up Y/n. "So." I began, "You and Y/n?" He took a sip of his drink and nodded. "Yeah?" I smiled, "You two would make a good couple." He smiled, "Thanks." I looked down at my half eaten donut and asked, "Would you date her?" When I looked back up,  he looked quite taken back by my question. "I um.... I don't know." He mumbled. "I think. We're better off as friends." And with that he took off from the café.

I leaned back on my chair sighing. I walked out the café five minutes later and rang Jesse. "Well? How'd it go." I sighed looking around as I walked through the town. "Not good Jess. He said it would be better if they were just friends." He groaned while I, on the other hand, began to laugh. "That. GUY! Can be so annoying sometimes." I smiled to myself.

Your Pov:

I  was stood outside the tower waiting for Harrison, a few days after my incident with Jesse, I watched as people walked off of the beach as the sun set. "Hey, um. Y/n? Can we talk? Please?" I smiled when I saw Maxi. "Yeah sure. What's up?" He sighed, "Do you like me?" Huh? Oh no. "It's only that Harrison asked me about... Us. Yesterday. You could've told me if you did like me." I nodded slightly embarrassed, "Right, I'm sorry." It was silent from there. I stayed still as did Maxi. He caught my gaze and just sighed, "Friends?" I nodded, sadly looking down at the ground. I then heard his footsteps and the tower door shut, "Just friends.." I whispered.