Whippet - Promise (pt 1)

Whippets Pov:

I took Nix to a playground today. A playground I knew too well. A playground where memories were created. A playground where. Where it never got old. Y/n and I used to go here all the time. I remember it so well.

Flashback:

"Y/n!" I shout. "Wait up!" We walked over to the swings as the sun set next to us. "Come on ry." Y/n shouted with a giggle as she ran over to the swing. We began to push ourselves and silence fell over us. "Ryan. What do you wanna be when your older?" I shrugged. "I'm not too sure. I mean. I'm a bit of an actor today. But." I shrugged again and y/n smiled. She slowed down her swing and hopped off. She walked through the trees. "Y/n?" I shout after her. I sighed to myself. I followed after her quickly. She jumped out behind a tree making us both fall onto the green, grass in fits of laughter. After a few minutes of silence, I broke it. "Y/n."

"Mhm." We were looking up at the pinkish, orange sky. "Promise we'll be friends forever." Y/n turned to me with a smile spread out on her face. "I promise."  She turned to face the grass and picked up a dandelion. She squinted her eyes tightly shut and then blew. I smiled, "What did you wish for?" I asked. She smirked at me not answering. I laugh, "It'll come true." She asked sarcastically, "How do you know? Are you some sort of physic?" I shook my head laughing, "Because I know you wouldn't let me walk away no matter any argument. And I will never let you go." Y/n smiled at me, looking slightly smitten.

And wow. How wrong was I?

End of flashback:

That was like 20 years ago. Y/n and I were best friends. We always would be in my eyes. She moved away like it was nothing. And in the end. We both just dropped contact with each other. She promised.

"Dad!" I look up to see Nix. He's sat on the swing wanting to be pushed. I smile to myself. I began to push him and when he was high enough, I seat on the one next to him gently pushing myself. "You alright Dad?" I look to my side to see Nix slowly, slowing down. "Yeah. I'm fine." He smiles slightly.