[ 6 ]

"Wood?" her soft voice called, snapping Oliver's senses from his long daze at her.

"Oh! Oh, yeah. Hey.." he greeted, and Kaylen offered him a smile.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" she asked.

It was 4 o'clock in afternoon, their farewells last night and promise on seeing each other in Friday was moved to them seeing each other a day after instead.

"Umm, I'm looking for a charms book. Here.." he muttered as he handed the girl the parchment Percy have written for him. The girl kindly received the paper and skimmed the title.

"What is this book for?" she asked, still having her gaze on the piece of ripped parchment.
"For my Charms essay.." he replied awkwardly scratching the back of his head, a nervous habit he picked up a couple of days ago.

"Oh.." she simply reacted.

She faced the boy again, who was standing next to her.

"Then let me suggest you a more accurate book for that.." she said with a smile, while Oliver shot her a confused look.

Kaylen stood up from her seat and looked around the side to side bookcase. She trailed her fingers around the line of books, as her eyes rummage around to find the right one.

Oliver followed the girl's figure, whose back was faced to him, and her fingers running through the spines of books on the case, which he honestly finds attractive.

A girl with messy bun, studious attitude, moving her finger on books. Who wouldn't find that attactive?

A slight pink blush ran through Oliver's ears, which he quickly shook. Infatuation was a really hard thing to handle. And moreover, the quidditch captain kept on denying the fact that he have that kind of attraction for the girl.

Even though, he already had.

She suddenly stopped in track, her finger touching a specific book.

"Ah, I found it.." she muttered and Oliver threw one eyebrow up. She quickly drew out the book from the case and faced Oliver.

She walked towards the boy, who gave her a puzzled look.

"Here. This will help you lots than this book.." she stated, holding up the parchment where Percy wrote the book he recommended him for his essay.

"Oh.." he exclaimed as he slowly reached out his hands and retrieved the book that was in Kaylen's grasp, as the girl gave it.

She beamed him a smile before walking pass him and sitting back down to continue writing down her essays.

Oliver stood there awkwardly, before deciding to take a seat beside Kaylen. The girl looked at him, confuse visible on her face.

"Thank you anyway.." he started.

"For what?" she asked, still gazing at the Scot.

"You know, for the book.." he muttered and Kaylen sent him a smile, before going to pick back up her quill and started her incomplete essay.

She was once again scribbling down the words relevant for the specific essay. That, was before she was interrupted by the same Scottish voice.

"And sorry.." he began. Kaylen put down her quill and gave the boy the most puzzled look there is.

What is he sorry for?, she thought.

He found Oliver's gaze pinned on the book she gave him for his essay.

"For what?" Kaylen asked, her voice softer.

"For making you wait for almost half an hour last monday." he added with a smile.